2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 07:31 PM
cwbykeep
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation New Exhaust

All right guys I just came into a bunch of money and by a bunch of money i have enough to finally get a new exhaust system.... I was wondering if any of you out there new much about whats out their on the market, or what you have and really like. Any and all comments are welcome to help with the decision making. Oh by the way it is for a 1998 5.9 1500 4x2......

Thanks
Elliott

Old 05-25-2009, 08:15 PM
hutch1973
Captain

Love my magnaflow, but I wanted a note that wasn't extremely loud because I have neighbors.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Hahns5.2
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Aero Turbine mufflers are fantastic. My truck sounds great, loud when you get on it, authoritative during normal driving and nearly inaudible when cruising, it's the perfect muffler.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2rvrPgAk50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvsgo...eature=related

It sounds a lot better in person.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:10 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Flowmaster 40 series single in dual out and I really like how it sounds. I also have a Magnaflow high flow cat which made it louder and sound a little raspier but I liked it both before and after the cat. It's decently loud but not unbearable. I really like it although I know some guys don't like Flowmasters.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Single in dual out FM 40 with cat delete. I usually go with FM for the fact that the exhaust note changes depending on the throttle. I do know that more than likely if I want true duals on a newer truck I will prolly have to go with MF, with cut outs. Oh and mine will set car alarms off.
And dont let the rust rumors scare you away from FM. I have had the same set up on my truck for 5 years, and the only rust is on the welds, not on the muffler surface it self. A quote that should be in the back of everyone's mind," take excellent care of your truck, and your truck will take excellent care of you".

Old 05-26-2009, 12:27 AM
nathangfnd
Captain

i got my truck 8 months ago and i am going on my 4th exhaust setup.

7 months ago I ordered the flowmaster cat back system which came with a 50 series and i thought it was to quite.

So i replaced with a magnaflow y pipe but then the cat got clogged and i beat out the insides and just put a turndown pipe on it But it was louder then my old truck with strait pipes on it and i couldnt hear myself think.

so i put the y pipe back and the tailpipes back on but its to raspy so i ordered a 40 seriers last week and should be here by thursday. im hopeing it sounds better.

My neighboor actually stoped me on Sat and he yelled at me for being to loud and said he can call the cops and get a noise ordanance thing and blah blah blah. But our state law states that he cant do S@#% unless im making noise passed 10:30 pm.... So im not really woried about. I would care but he just yelled and got mad. if he was nice about it and just asked if i could quite it down i would have. but he was a dick about it so whatev.

Quick Reply: New Exhaust