2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fan assembly

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 11:38 AM
MIH Racing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fan assembly

I started removing the fan on my 2001 Dodge 1500 last night. There appears to be a spring load in the front nose part of this fan assembly. Can anyone tell me how this is removed without damage? I am working on replacing the waterpump and need to get this off.
GM and Ford this comes off by removing a cover and four bolts. Not sure what Dodge has done here. Need some help fast! Thanks.

Old 03-25-2005, 05:12 PM
Rare TA
Amateur
Default RE: Fan assembly

On my '98 all I did was put a large cresant wrench on the nut that screws onto the water pump and it come off counter clockwise. If you leave the belt on it helps. If the belt is off get one of those large strap wrenchs and rap around the waterpump pully to hold it from turning. It took a lot to brake mine loose but it does come off counter clockwise and screws on clockwise.

Old 03-26-2005, 04:22 AM
MIH Racing
Default RE: Fan assembly

Thanks. As Larry the Cable Guy would say, we got er done. Wasn't hard at all once we got into it. Just looked funny.

Thanks for the help though.

Quick Reply: Fan assembly