2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

94 46rh problems Please Help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 10:36 AM
chevyracer8262
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 46rh problems Please Help ASAP

Hi all I have a serious issue with a 94 1500 that we bought. When we got it the transmission was pouring fluid out the front seal so i removed the a518/46rh tranny ans replaced the pump and converter (before rebuilding) and all it had was forward gear. I've since rebuilt the entire unit and followed the instructions and specs from the ASTG overhaul manual. Well here's where I've run into my problem after reassebling the truck I put it on jack stands and have all the forward gears but no reverse. As long as it idles the rear tires will turn but as soon as you give it any throttle the tranny locks up like it has a drag racing transbrake in it. (Like reverse and a forward pack are engauging at the same time). Does anyone have any idea as to what can cause this, I've already removed the transfercase and od unit and and checked them out but i'm stumped as to what can cause this. Any Ideas or any help would be greatly appreciated cause between this thing and my wife driving me crazy about getting her truck fixed is driving me nutz.

Oh yea I used a Transtar rebuild kit the had all new seals, bushings, borgwarner friction plates and band to rebuild thins thing. if any of that helps.

Quick Reply: 94 46rh problems Please Help ASAP