2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission problem help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 11:16 PM
crazyval
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Transmission problem help!!

i have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 sport 5.9, the tranny is acting up, when i accelerate slow and calm off the light it shifts very nice and smooth, if i try to accelerate a little faster it shifts whenever it wants, it can shift or it shifts in couple of blocks unless i let go of the gas and drive calm again, p1740 code came up but cant really locate the right thing to replace everyone is telling me that the code can be multple things, feels like it kind of lost the acceleration also, anyone had anything that sounds like this? can it be any of the solenoids? torque converter? any ideas or knowledge please help

Old 06-05-2009, 06:34 AM
MonteC
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Possible governor pressure solenoid and sensor.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:04 AM
aliasmax
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyval
i have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 sport 5.9, the tranny is acting up, when i accelerate slow and calm off the light it shifts very nice and smooth, if i try to accelerate a little faster it shifts whenever it wants, it can shift or it shifts in couple of blocks unless i let go of the gas and drive calm again, p1740 code came up but cant really locate the right thing to replace everyone is telling me that the code can be multple things, feels like it kind of lost the acceleration also, anyone had anything that sounds like this? can it be any of the solenoids? torque converter? any ideas or knowledge please help
Had somewhat the same problem on my 2001. I took it to the dealer and had a trany fluid flush and it went back to normal.

Quick Reply: Transmission problem help!!