2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sport Headlight Idea

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 12:36 AM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, back in the day with my other trucks I used to wear my mud proudly for weeks. Then I discovered what it would do to my undercarriage and body panels over time. Now, I pressure wash immediately. Same with my dirt bikes. Damn things are too expensive to fix.

Last edited by Miami_Son; 06-11-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:43 AM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man, you'd want to kill your self after working on the farm for a while, its not uncommon to get mud on the roof of a vehicle just leaving a field, especially in the heavier soil we farm

then when your in the field, there is usually a thick cloud of dust, i can make mud with it when i clean my windshield

harvest is the worst, there is a large cloud of dust and chaff out the back of the combine, especially when harvesting soybeans
when harvesting corn, ive found cobs in the bed of my truck

plus im usually too busy to clean it while we are in the field

but the worst part, even with the windows up, dust still seems to get into my truck, and its impossible to get rid of it, ive tried, there is always some left

when i first bought the truck, it was already a farm truck, and i turned on the heater, and beeswings from corncobs blew out the vents

Last edited by 95MaroonMonster; 06-11-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Miami_Son
Banned

I grew up wheeling in the S. Florida mud. I know what dirty is, trust me. I also know what it's like to have a farmer bring a tractor over to pull my stuck-to-the-fenderwells truck out after 2 days of trying to get unstuck and sleeping in the cab. That was when I was younger and stupider. Now, my trucks are for pleasure, comfort and getting my dirtbikes to the track. I take better care of them. I respect that you actually work with yours, though.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:08 AM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Miami_Son
I grew up wheeling in the S. Florida mud. I know what dirty is, trust me. I also know what it's like to have a farmer bring a tractor over to pull my stuck-to-the-fenderwells truck out after 2 days of trying to get unstuck and sleeping in the cab. That was when I was younger and stupider. Now, my trucks are for pleasure, comfort and getting my dirtbikes to the track. I take better care of them. I respect that you actually work with yours, though.
wow, now thats a bad stuck, i don't wheel the dodge anymore, i have a Jeep Cherokee im building for that purpose, the dodge is the tow rig

Old 06-11-2009, 01:10 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 95MaroonMonster
but the worst part, even with the windows up, dust still seems to get into my truck, and its impossible to get rid of it, ive tried, there is always some left

when i first bought the truck, it was already a farm truck, and i turned on the heater, and beeswings from corncobs blew out the vents
Our trucks do not have filters in the HVAC system that do not allow **** like that through the vents. Try putting dryer sheets in all your vents.

Or you could go all out and use this:
http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo....r=CFF-DG-0610K

Last edited by PurplDodge; 06-11-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Miami_Son
Banned

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Our trucks do not have filters in the HVAC system that do not allow **** like that through the vents. Try putting dryer sheets in all your vents.
That brings up a funny story. Although I've only owned my RAM a few months, the guy I bought it from is my best friend that I've known since before he bought it new. Back in 2001 he lent it to me to go to the sand dunes with our ATVs for 4th of July weekend. Well, I got it stuck in the sand and while trying to get it out it was throwing rooster-tails of sand all over in inside the truck. He complained for months after that every time he turned on the A/C sand would come out the vents. We laugh about it now, but it was a sore point for a long time.

Fast forward to now. I'm in his shop pulling off the dash to install my radio and I bust out laughing. I call him over and show him the vents all caked with sand. He turns to me and says, "Karma," and walks away. I didn't need an explanation.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:28 AM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

haha, wonder why it stayed there all that time
i never took my dash off to do the radio, just pulled that piece of black trim, but mine is different that yours

Old 06-11-2009, 01:29 AM
97tn4x4
Record Breaker

and it needs a body shop, im tired of rusty cab corner
and rocker panels

Old 06-11-2009, 01:37 AM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 97tn4x4
and rocker panels
and rear fenders

im seriously considering getting the body work done before i leave for college, i wanna show up big pimpin'with the tunes bumpin, (truck) body shinin', just to keep them chics grinnin

Old 06-11-2009, 01:41 AM
Miami_Son
Banned

haha, wonder why it stayed there all that time
i never took my dash off to do the radio, just pulled that piece of black trim, but mine is different that yours
My bad, that's all I took off, too. If you look at the vent opening with the grilles off, they have a foam surround. The sand was all caked in the foam and stuck to the plastic where it meets the grilles. I told him we're even now because I'm still finding his dog's hair in every nook and cranny.

Quick Reply: Sport Headlight Idea