2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

fuel pump excentrict <sp>

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 11:26 PM
szarin
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump excentrict <sp>

Can someone clarify something for me.

I took my engine into today to get it bored out and they asked for a part i dont remember taking off.

I have a '99 5.9L (360 EFI) engine, the guy at the shop was asking if i had the fuel pump excentrict (sorry spelling is horrible today) which gets bolted onto end of the cam shaft/timing chain assembly.

I bagged and tagged everything i took off my engine, but its not in my parts bin... and now im questioning myself.... did i take this off or was it never there? anyone familiar with these engines able to help me out thanks.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:29 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You do not have one because we have electric fuel pumps. The ecentric was for the mechanical fuel pumps back in the day.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:54 PM
speeddemon31176
All Star

Umm. Did you tell the machinist what year and vehicle the engine was out of? I am surprised that an experienced machinist didn't know that your truck is injected and not carbed.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:13 AM
szarin
Rookie

You guys are a life saver... i thought i was going crazy today... i tore my shop to pieces...

I unloaded the block at the back of the shop, then went to front to give my name... they asked if i 4x4 with it a lot and i said yes... i think they just assumed it had a carb on it. its not the first time thats happened.

As for the year and make... lol come to think of it, no... i didnt tell them rofl. They aren't starting on it just yet because of the q. I have to pick up a couple more pieces for them, so i will remind them what year the truck is.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:27 AM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

I'd be nervous about that shop...I'd have probably reloaded the engine and taken it elsewhere.
I hope the OP reposts and lets us know how his experience worked out.

Quick Reply: fuel pump excentrict <sp>