DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech-64/)
-   -   Hell Bent leveling kit installed (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech/204306-hell-bent-leveling-kit-installed.html)

95MaroonMonster 06-16-2009 04:26 PM

IIRC, when we did the lift on my dads truck, the only thing we had to do was adjust the drag link to recenter the steering wheel, but his steering system is different, toe was not affected

now if you lifted like 4 or more inches, i could see it affecting things, when we lifted my friends jeep 6 inches, we had to do a driveway alignment before it could even be driven safely

Cereal Killer 06-16-2009 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Miami_Son (Post 1705526)
Toe is the one suspension setting where there is the most flexibility and this small amount of lift isn't likely to upset things enough to matter.

Yeah I see where you're coming from. Especially if you just got it done 3 weeks ago. Everytime I take my truck offroad I probably knock it out of toe more than you possibly could have putting those spacers in.

Miami_Son 06-16-2009 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (Post 1705572)
Yeah I see where you're coming from. Especially if you just got it done 3 weeks ago. Everytime I take my truck offroad I probably knock it out of toe more than you possibly could have putting those spacers in.

Bingo!:icon_goofygrin: Alignment on a 4X4 is good for about 15 miles or the first parking bumper you hit.:icon_wink:

95MaroonMonster 06-16-2009 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Miami_Son (Post 1705582)
Bingo!:icon_goofygrin: Alignment on a 4X4 is good for about 15 miles or the first parking bumper you hit.:icon_wink:

right, or in my case, the first curb i drive over at school:icon_playing:

sungod 06-16-2009 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Miami_Son (Post 1705526)
Yeah, I know. The thing is that a 2" kit on a 10 year old truck basically nets you about a 1-1/4" lift when you factor in the sag. I just had the alignment done 3 weeks ago, so I'm not too worried. Toe is the one suspension setting where there is the most flexibility and this small amount of lift isn't likely to upset things enough to matter.

Seems to be a lot of guys in here who parrot things they read on the internet instead of having any real hands-on experience.

Wait, I thought you said that it wouldn't change? Oh, that is right, you were wrong. Toe on a SFA is the only setting you can adjust (point of reference is that there is a difference between adjust and change). Anytime you change the ride height you change caster. Anytime your caster changes, your toe will change (unless you happen to be running zero toe angle). The fact that you had it aligned 3 weeks ago makes this change even worse. Your alignment 3 weeks ago adjusted it to the specs based on the ride height at the time which includes the 10 years of sag. That is why you should have your alignment checked every 12k. I don't know how much lift you actually gained, but I can bet you that your toe was slightly positive before and after adding an 1 1/4 to the front and doing nothing to the rear that your caster has changed and probably pushed your toe negative.

Apology accepted.

95MaroonMonster 06-16-2009 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by sungod (Post 1705624)
Wait, I thought you said that it wouldn't change? Oh, that is right, you were wrong. Toe on a SFA is the only setting you can adjust (point of reference is that there is a difference between adjust and change). Anytime you change the ride height you change caster. Anytime your caster changes, your toe will change (unless you happen to be running zero toe angle). The fact that you had it aligned 3 weeks ago makes this change even worse. Your alignment 3 weeks ago adjusted it to the specs based on the ride height at the time which includes the 10 years of sag. That is why you should have your alignment checked every 12k. I don't know how much lift you actually gained, but I can bet you that your toe was slightly positive before and after adding an 1 1/4 to the front and doing nothing to the rear that your caster has changed and probably pushed your toe negative.

Apology accepted.

Check your alignment ever 12K, yer an idiot (said like Walter from jeff dunham)

Cereal Killer 06-16-2009 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by 95MaroonMonster (Post 1705630)
(said like Walter from jeff dunham)

I can't even believe you just said that. Jeff Dunham is ****ing hilarious dude. I'm gald other people know who that is. I seriously start to forget he's the one making those dummies talk sometimes. Ac<phlem>med the dead suicide bomber almost made me crap my pants.

95MaroonMonster 06-16-2009 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (Post 1705639)
I can't even believe you just said that. Jeff Dunham is ****ing hilarious dude. I'm gald other people know who that is. I seriously start to forget he's the one making those dummies talk sometimes. Ac<phlem>med the dead suicide bomber almost made me crap my pants.

haha that is perfect

to sungod SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!!

sungod 06-16-2009 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by 95MaroonMonster (Post 1705630)
Check your alignment ever 12K, yer an idiot (said like Walter from jeff dunham)

Oh really? please explain. Funny how out of the entire post that is the only thing you think you know more than me about. so come on genius. please explain the harm in checking yoru alignment every 12k and why that is so dumb?? You like buying tires???

95MaroonMonster 06-16-2009 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by sungod (Post 1705659)
Oh really? please explain. Funny how out of the entire post that is the only thing you think you know more than me about. so come on genius. please explain the harm in checking yoru alignment every 12k and why that is so dumb?? You like buying tires???

well, lets see, i put a lot of miles on my rig for work and at 50 to 60 bucks a pop for an alignment, more depending on the shop, that gets real expensive, and my tires are wearing just fine, nice n slow
i only do alignments when i replace tierod ends or get new tires put on it