2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bumper stickers

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 05:27 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Silver1500
I want to get a windshield banner decal that says "Make your own road" just haven't had time to get to a good sign maker lately.
I saw a brow banner on a 3rd gen ram the other day that had this written backwards so other drivers could read it in their mirrors," Move Over!------->".
I want one!

Old 06-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Ram15002ndGen
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
i did the bigger pic so you can see my trucker ladies in the window and be able to read my bumper magnet. that light ain't on there anymore either, that was the test light. got 2 smaller ones now.
Dude, I can see your 80's build Camaro behind you. Nice reflection for a rainy day. BTW you're lucky your stickers still look good. I had to take mine off cause they lost their color and were pealing. Did your truck come with the Ram head emblem on the tailgate or did you add that?

Originally Posted by xray99
Well, the problem in the carpenters is they started "selling cards" years ago, which basically meant that anyone with $400 could by a card, and claim themselves as a journeyman.
No need for apprentice school or anything like that, they bought their way in - And most of these characters were relatives/neighbors of union leadership, looking to get their buds in on high paying jobs, with little or no experience.
Most skilled trades, a scam like that would be nearly impossible.
Wouldn't work with the electricians, plumbers, iron workers or riggers - But theres just enough dumb monkey jobs on carpenter crews where guys & gals like this can try to wing it, measuring stuff and driving a few odd nails in here and there.
Painters and laborers, from what I understand, have tried the same scam.

These card buyers are patently obvious on any experienced crew, and they are generally shunned, as they deserve.
Once in an odd while there will be one who is actually qualified, maybe he has been doing framing, decks and garages for years, and decided to take the easy way into union pay ,, But most of them are hazards to themselves and everyone around them, you have to watch them like a hawk, and are fit for only the most menial of tasks.
One time I had 3 of them on a crew of 8.
So I took these 3 guys, I said "I got a hot job for you guys", I took them over to a pile of wood and buckets of screws and nails, handed them a blueprint, and said "Ok guys ,,, Build this".
It was an angled, multi run staircase for access to the top of the structure we were working on, this thing didn't need to be built for weeks, as we had all the access we needed for now with ladders, but these guys were dumbstuck.
Not a 1 of them had the first clue how to proceed, they knew it, and they knew I knew it, but they didn't want to admit it for fear of losing their job.
They marked time for about 2 hours, just setting out lumber and staring at the blueprint before I called them out and said look, you guys are journeyman carpenters, right ? So whats the problem here ?
They had to admit they were not qualified to build this structure, I got right on the phone with the BA and said WTF, why are you sending me these useless grunts to do a mans job ?
I put him in a difficult spot because he knew damn well it would be a matter of time before the head honcho of the GC got involved, so he took two of them back and let me replace them with guys of my choice.
But like I said, most of them got angels looking over their shoulders, so there is usually not much a steward or foreman can do, but put up with it, and wait for a chance where they really screw up, then cut them lose.

The drain on the crews who have to put up with an incompetent pretender working right next to them, and the cost to contractors and companies who pay union scale to someone who should not even be getting minimum wage, can be imagined.
Supposedly, they stopped the practice of selling cards years ago, as they were just too much liability ,,, But the ones who got in, and who keep up on their dues, are still "journeymen", and I would not doubt that cards are still being sold, just not so openly as before.
Oh yea, there is nothing worse than idiots who can't read a blue print. I hope they're not selling those cards anymore cause in Carpentry (like many other things) you need to have knowledge and respect for your tools. It just takes a split second to loose fingers or kill a coworker with a stray nail from a pneumatic nailer.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:27 PM
xray99
Banned

Bottom line, I am appalled by incompetence.
I would never have the gall to go on a job I am not qualified for, and just hope no one raises a fuss about pretending to be a professional, and thereby stealing the work of someone who has paid their dues, and rose up in the ranks the old fashioned, and hard, way.
I am not the most popular guy with some people, because I refuse to play along like a good little boy.
I've been offered bribes to play along, turned em flat down. I've busted alot of *****,,,, And some of these guys could probably arrange for a nasty little accident to happen to me, no question about it - But I'll be damned if I'll sell out my convictions, I'd then be no better than the people I slam as incompetent.

Hey, maybe I should become a politician, a non corrupt guy with old school morals, I'd be rarer than pink do-do **** !

Old 06-19-2009, 06:49 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

my stickers are the frosted looking ones and they've been on there for a few years and are still good. the ram head is a 3rd gen one from the dealer. my g/f knew i had been wanting one for the tailgate for a while and she told her mother to get it for me for x-mas. i'm pretty sure its not cheap either, thats why i hadn't gotten one.
have ya'll seen the tailgate ram emblems on the 09 rams? those things are huge and ugly.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Ram15002ndGen
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by xray99
Bottom line, I am appalled by incompetence.
Hey, maybe I should become a politician, a non corrupt guy with old school morals, I'd be rarer than pink do-do **** !
If you did run for office with that attitude, then for sure you would have an accident. Politicians are the dirtiest SOB's on the face of this earth. Don't mess with that.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:35 AM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
And Fridge:
WTUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FTW

will try to postt pics later

Old 06-19-2009, 11:52 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

heres a better pic and some of my mower

Old 06-21-2009, 08:23 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeram07
WTUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FTW

will try to postt pics later
Yeah, they kick ***.
I'm listening to them right now. Sad But True by Metallica.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:07 PM
rocku

A couple of Wally World stickers on the window, but my parents got me one of those scrolling LED licence plate frames that I change up every now and then. Most of the time it says "This is not chrome, it's a mirror for Ford drivers to use"

Old 06-21-2009, 11:33 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by rocku
A couple of Wally World stickers on the window, but my parents got me one of those scrolling LED licence plate frames that I change up every now and then. Most of the time it says "This is not chrome, it's a mirror for Ford drivers to use"

lol, i want to get a sticker that says eatin chevys, ****tin fords, but i don't want my back glass getting shot out (that will happen where i am)

Quick Reply: Bumper stickers