2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1994 Ram 1500

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 11:32 PM
lildwil14
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 Ram 1500

Hello everyone!

i talked to an owner of a 1994 ram 1500. he had been in a fender bender on the drivers side front fender & had it replaced. the owner told me that the guy who had replaced the drivers side front fender disconnected the connector to the airbags. when he put it back together, he did not reconnect the connector. the owner said that the guy whom replaced it told him there was a 'special procedure' to reconnect that connector or the airbag will blow. the only procedure i know of when doing anything with an airbag system is to disconnect the battery for 30-45mins before working with the airbags to allow the reserve power to drain. is this the 'special procedure' or is there something else i should know beforehand? i will be looking at the vehicle tomorrow afternoon to actually see what is going on. any information is appreciated!
thanks to all in advance!

Quick Reply: 1994 Ram 1500