2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Brake problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 01:59 AM
Ramtooler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake problems

I have a 96 Ram 1500 with about 91000 miles on it. I had the brakes done on it last august. they worked fine, nice firm feel in the pedal and everything. now when i press on the pedal i have to press it almost all the way to the ground before it starts slowing down. when they did the brakes at the shop they also had to put in a new brake line because it was leaking. Theres plenty of fluid in the reservoir, no leaks of any kind, what could be the problem? Do you think it might be the pads or rotors are shot?

Thanks for your help, Kyle

Old 03-31-2005, 03:13 AM
azffighter
Rookie
Default RE: Brake problems

You might check your hub. I have a 96 as well and I just had to replace the hub on the driver side. My truck had been doing the same thing. If anything just check to see how much meat is on your pads.

Old 03-31-2005, 05:55 AM
casper
Legend
Default RE: Brake problems

If the pads are good, have the rotors checked for thickness at a parts store that turns rotors. If they are good, its either the caliper, or the master cylinder.

Quick Reply: Brake problems