2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

3inch body lift quastions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:30 AM
reddakota34
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3inch body lift quastions.

1998 dakota 5.2L auto 4x4. Well i just went and picked up my 3inch perofrmance acceseries body lift, And is there anything i should look out for or any tech neaks to doing it? I plan on, putting it in tomaro night. I just got done reading the dirrection's in doing it. A couple thing i was wondering about is it said that i have to take my 4x4 shaft out and put an extention on it? And take my seats out and middle console out for some reason? and drew new holes in my frame and my rear bumper brackets? but some people told my just to flip the bumper brackets around? But any suggesttion or help would be so great thanks.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:07 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Not sure about the bumper brackets on the Dakota's, but on my ram all I did was raised the bumper up and drilled new holes in the frame.

You shouldn't have to extend your shifter unless you want to. All it will do is put it back to stock reach, instead of being 3" lower towards the floor. If it is set up like the newer rams (like mine), nothing will have to be done. Mine is adjustable from under the truck, which made it really easy.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:33 PM
LegendKiller89
Captain

You know that is intresting that you say that olyelr. I was thinking when I get my body lift for my Ram of not extending the 4wheel drive linkage, so it is a bit lower. It shouldn't hurt if you don't add that piece huh?

Old 06-24-2009, 11:18 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by LegendKiller89
You know that is intresting that you say that olyelr. I was thinking when I get my body lift for my Ram of not extending the 4wheel drive linkage, so it is a bit lower. It shouldn't hurt if you don't add that piece huh?

Nope, not at all. Think about it... all it does is extend the rod up 3" farther, it changes nothing else. So the the actual lever operation does not change at all, either with the rod or without it.

The one thing that could theoretically happen is the lever actually contacting the floor board due to the body being up higher, which makes the actual area of the "throw" much farther. But, I haven't heard of any vehicles having that issue. And regardless, extending the lever wouldn't change that anyway.

Quick Reply: 3inch body lift quastions.