2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ram v10 performance parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 12:41 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Viper heads are different, but they can be made to fit the truck engine. It is definitely not a bolt-on, though.

I believe there are cam grinds for the truck V10. The main problem is the truck engine has a much lower redline than the Viper and the gains from changing cams will be minimal. There is also the issue of what mods can be done before the computer can no longer accommodate them. There's a guy in here (IndyRAM?) that knows a lot more about these engines than I do. He usually watches threads with V10 in the title. Maybe he'll speak up.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:51 PM
bigblockmopar419
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrRuckuss
by far am i an v10 expert but i was under the impression that the viper v10 heads and the ram v10 heads were completely different, i was thinking about a few upgrades myself but i'm not looking to convert my torque monster ram v10 into a horse pounding viper v10, but msd has an ignition box (62152) which i seen on their website but i'm wondering if this is going to mess up the computer?
see im jus the opposite i want the torque!! kuz that is mostly want im gonna need down the road for competition and towing purposes!

Old 06-25-2009, 03:53 PM
bigblockmopar419
Amateur

Originally Posted by Miami_Son
The Viper heads are different, but they can be made to fit the truck engine. It is definitely not a bolt-on, though.

I believe there are cam grinds for the truck V10. The main problem is the truck engine has a much lower redline than the Viper and the gains from changing cams will be minimal. There is also the issue of what mods can be done before the computer can no longer accommodate them. There's a guy in here (IndyRAM?) that knows a lot more about these engines than I do. He usually watches threads with V10 in the title. Maybe he'll speak up.
i knew the heads were different so wut can i do about the computer if i reach the limitations?

Old 11-08-2010, 09:49 PM
rebelboy
Veteran

I'm thinkin a big turbo I just traded my rt Durango for a 98 v10 quad cab 8'' bed 3500 port and polish your heads

Quick Reply: ram v10 performance parts