2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

door locks, gauges lights and other problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 09:28 AM
ej132
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door locks, gauges lights and other problems

hello i have a 01 ram2500. lately ive been have a few electrical problems and wanted some help/addvice.
1st problem
while driving my doors no longer automatically lock and my lock button(electric switch on the door) no longer makes the doors lock but my key fob will lock the doors.
2nd problem
when i turn my head lights on and the radio and gauges are supposed to dim, they just go out all together, however the radio still works just no lights on it and the screen is off.
3rd problem
my dome light no longer comes on when i open the doors

Thanks for any help, EJ

Old 07-23-2009, 09:56 AM
ej132

could this be a fuse?

Old 07-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Trey318
Captain

I know that my doors no longer lock while driving as well. They only lock if I crank my truck up on an incline for some reason. Never really checked into it.

Does your passenger side power door lock switch work? If so, it might be in your driver's side power door lock switch for part of it. On my mom's expedition, every once in a while, it'll blow a fuse which keeps the power door locks from working correctly except for the key fob, so definitely check the fuse.

For the dome light, check the bulb first. They can go out.

On my radio and gauges, if its still kinda light out and not pitch black, I can't hardly see them. Are you sure your dimmer switch on your headlight switch is set correctly? If that's not the case check into your headlight switch. That may also cause trouble with your dome light since it is tied into that switch.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:13 AM
ej132

No, the passenger side door is the same as the drivers. Its not the dimmer switch set to low becasue at night when its totally dark i still see nothing of the radio or gauges

Quick Reply: door locks, gauges lights and other problems