2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

torque managment

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 05:15 PM
BigRedRam95
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default torque managment

Does anyone know what torque managment is. Is it the same as death flash I could not get the seach to work some guy keeps telling me and some other guy that have MP PCM that we may still have torque managment.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:03 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

SCT removes the torque managment , i dont think superchips does

Old 07-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Torque management is traditionally a transmission control, but on our trucks it is a PCM "feature" where by timing is removed under heavy load conditions (like full throttle mode) to ensure smoother application of power. The service manual also indicates that the PCM limits torque application by turning the ground path to the coil on and off.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:57 PM
BigRedRam95
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver_Dodge
Torque management is traditionally a transmission control, but on our trucks it is a PCM "feature" where by timing is removed under heavy load conditions (like full throttle mode) to ensure smoother application of power. The service manual also indicates that the PCM limits torque application by turning the ground path to the coil on and off.
Ok now that I know what it is will the MP PCM get rid of it I have it I just never put it on yet

Old 07-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver_Dodge
They had that even on the 95's?

Quick Reply: torque managment