2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

P1763 and P1740 error codes

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 06:45 PM
Bodega
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1763 and P1740 error codes

Can anyone help me with these codes? I think I have searched to the end to fix these errors from coming up, but they just wont go away. I'll start with what I've already replaced:

1. Replaced the Governer Pressure Sensor
2. Replaced the Governer Pressure Solenoid
3. Replaced the wiring for the sensor and solenoid
4. Replaced the ATF with Mopar ATF +4 and filter/gasket
5. Replaced the Output Speed Sensor in the tranny
6. Replaced the Throttle Position Sensor
7. Looked at the wiring, but didn't see any problems
8. Turned down the pressure screw to 2 turns past flush on the valve body

I have not replaced the torque converter yet, I am waiting to see if fixing the P1763 error will fix the P1740 error. I do not see any problems with the Overdrive slipping or going on/off except for once when I was driving regular with the O/D on, it wouldn't go into Overdrive, then a few miles after the P1740 came on. If I reset the code and drive with the O/D off, it seems as that code stays off, but I still get the P1763. I am this close to just taking it to a shop, but I really do not want to. I am willing to try anything at this point. And thank you.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:52 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm by no means an expert, but perhaps you are going about this backwards. Maybe fixing the P1740 should be your priority, since you replaced the problem part with a P1763 and are still getting the code.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...rformance.html

Unfortunately, every search result I get out of major search engines related two those two codes at the same time tell me that a transmission expert needs to look at the problem. The only helpful results I found were here on DF, like the thread I linked above.

Quick Reply: P1763 and P1740 error codes