2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Procharger 408 ready to install, whaddyathink?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 02:18 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zman17
Umm! OMG! Can you say TOTM ? Never mind TOTM, how about TOTY.
Thanks I appreciate the kudo's

Old 08-01-2009, 02:28 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 95MaroonMonster
that thing gives me a stiffy, whacha doin as far as a tranny
Tranny is pretty heavily fortified

Have twin trans coolers upfront for beside both the foglight openings. (see pic in next post) Not attached to the brackets I made/pwdrctd as Im test fitting and measuriing for intercooler brackets in that area currently.

MP deep alum pan with autometer temp gauge/sensor, the internals consist the PATC Ramzilla stgIV except no intermediate shaft or 5:1 kick down. Got stronger pump instead as well as the rest of the kit which is Red Eagle clutches (3extra clutch plates) sun shell, all planetaries are 6gr instead of the much weaker 3gr, od unit that will handle the hp/trq stronger bands, manual valve body with stgIII transgo race shift kit. Infront of the trans is Precision Industries Viper 9.5" 3800 stall tc. This thing is substantially smaller in diameter and fortified so should have less driveline loss from less rotating wt as well as less slippage cause of it and all the other internals.

Maybe good for about 1000hp/trq but with slicks n racing nothings a guarantee

Old 08-01-2009, 02:38 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wonder what it will take to blow that trans up

Old 08-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Trey318
Captain

That build is looking amazing. I was drooling over your website last night. The powdercoating looks beautiful, especially compared to the cast aluminum.

Summit was backordered when I was trying to buy my energy suspension bushings, so I ended up ordering from http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/

I think it was a little cheaper as well. Got the bushings in within 3 days.

Anyway good luck with the install. You better post a vid of that motor as soon as you fire it up

Old 08-01-2009, 02:46 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker

Guess Ill see sooner or later No such thing as a bullet proof tranny with 750hp and a set of skinnies and slicks lol

Few more pics

Dropped the ac and Im mounting the 3core air to air intercooler where the condensor use to be. I need to make 3 brackets to hold it up. Hated the ic the way it was mounted under the truck with the rubber sweeper so close to the ground.

Made a bracket up to mount my FAST stand alone computer beside the MP PCM. Without the ac canister there seemed like perfect place.

Took a while to glass bead blast(small compressor) both pieces after few test fits and scratching my head on how to determine the holes to mount the bracket to the factory one. Had some dumbazz 3 tab deal to slot into the firewall that you had to bend so it would clear the long bolts from the firewall. Made measuring difficult lol

Pwdr coated all the mounting hardware as well except the allanbolts/washers for the FAST, may go back and do them later

Turned out looking better than factory I think

Last edited by RM_Indy; 08-01-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:58 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Trey318
That build is looking amazing. I was drooling over your website last night. The powdercoating looks beautiful, especially compared to the cast aluminum.

Summit was backordered when I was trying to buy my energy suspension bushings, so I ended up ordering from http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/

I think it was a little cheaper as well. Got the bushings in within 3 days.

Anyway good luck with the install. You better post a vid of that motor as soon as you fire it up
thanks man, was a bit disappointed in the Procharger kit not having a polished hat, it looked like crap as did the main/sub brackets and the tensioner. Few hours of sanding and prep work and pwdr & baking cooling and they look like new. Same with the alt which is more or less.

Ahh just my luck, waited for 2 weeks, got the wrong bushings, reordered express and still waiting week later no word. Ordered the full set from a buddy also prior to Summit first order. He never canceled cause decided to use them in his Indy. His blocks in the machine shop so they should be in next week and Ill take his c arm bushings and give him the ones from Summit when they finally arrive (cancelling express shipping)

Old 08-01-2009, 03:22 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

shat, did you say 750 horse
if you ever take that truck to Chicagoland, PM me, so i can plan to go

Old 08-01-2009, 03:39 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats on nearing completion RM, That thing needs 2 sets of Indy blue truck nuts, LOL!

Old 08-01-2009, 04:35 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So what are the fuding #'s on the motor! Please tell us u dynoed it before u put it in the truck!?!?!?!

Old 08-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Ram15002ndGen
Record Breaker

That is one sweeeeeet build up. Gorgeous all around. That truck really should not be driven. You should turn that into a show truck. Bet you would win some trophies.

Quick Reply: Procharger 408 ready to install, whaddyathink?