2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Well, I had to give up....

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 09:02 PM
BlueRamSport
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, I had to give up....

Just couldn't finish the plenum pan job today. I got everything off except the fuel rail. I couldn't get the quick disconnect to disconnect, and I couldn't get the injectors to pop out of the plenum. I don't see how it would be possible to do the job without getting the fuel rail off the plenum.

The good news is, I don't think I actually have a belly pan gasket leak. Once I took the throttle body off everything in the plenum looked very dry. There was some light carbon buildup but there was no oil.

So I just went ahead and put in my 180 t-stat, new plugs, wires, cap and rotor. I will finish tomorrow with new radiator hoses and a coolant flush and then hopefully the thing will run and not explode.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:21 PM
2001Ram
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet! So I got a couple of questions.

1. How much did all of this cost you?
2. How many miles are on your truck and what made you think it was bad?

Thanks!

Ryan

Old 08-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Hahns5.2
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dunno about the Rams but when I did my intake swap I left the fuel line connected and removed both rails and injectors out as an assembly and set it aside.

Quick Reply: Well, I had to give up....