2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Clinking/Clanging feeling in Steering Wheel and Floorboard

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 10:33 PM
peterfromme
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clinking/Clanging feeling in Steering Wheel and Floorboard

I know this is going to be hard to describe, but I'll try. I don't drive the truck much, but I drove it for the first time in about a month today and noticed a clinking or clanging feeling. I noticed it before, but this is the first I'm posting about it. I felt it in the steering wheel and I could swear I felt in on the floor board???? It's very faint, but it's there.

There's not sound, just a feeling. Is this the track bar problem that I heard about with these trucks? Granted...my suspension is shot and needs to be completely replaced, so that doesn't help either.

I was wondering if anyone thought this was a track bar, wheel bearing, or suspension issue...or much worse? I don't have much experience with these trucks so your knowledge is much appreciated.

thanks,
pf

Old 08-10-2009, 11:01 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

If your suspension components are shot, could be many different things. Replace whats worn down.

When I had a bump/vibration occasionally in the floorboard, it turned out to be a loose shock bolt.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:11 AM
speeddemon31176
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jason he has two posts for the exact same problem. I think we need an admin to combine them and eliminate one of his threads or he/we will be all over the place on this.

Quick Reply: Clinking/Clanging feeling in Steering Wheel and Floorboard