DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech-64/)
-   -   weird theory (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech/211827-weird-theory.html)

cmckenna 08-25-2009 10:33 AM

Thanks for clarifying that. This college intern that I worked with had one on his SRT. I remember it well. He had problems with it literally falling apart due to poor design. Whatever company designed the POS had no pre-load on any of the fasteners so, it kept falling apart while driving. The motor kept going out on it as well and the way they attached the plate was really bad.

I remember helping him re-design the thing. He had an electrical one.

cmckenna 08-25-2009 10:38 AM

The one in that video looks good and, it's noted that it's been tested and proved road worthy. He just bought a cheap one or, new to market that had no real world testing done on it.

lastrights 08-25-2009 11:56 AM

4 Attachment(s)
well hes the guy that does my inspection and emmisions and fixes my truck when its broken . i dont think i want to run before the tire just becuase it will just be loud all the time , so i think im still going true dules with (2) hi flow cats and (2) flowmaster 10 or gibson mufflers havent decided but here some pics

well as for headers all i needed was new gaskets the headers and stage 8 locking bolts
Attachment 101241

and the cutout goes right after the cat before the muffler

Attachment 101242
Attachment 101243
Attachment 101244

95MaroonMonster 08-25-2009 12:06 PM

**** cat. converters

cmckenna 08-25-2009 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by lastrights (Post 1781278)
well hes the guy that does my inspection and emmisions and fixes my truck when its broken . i dont think i want to run before the tire just becuase it will just be loud all the time , so i think im still going true dules with (2) hi flow cats and (2) flowmaster 10 or gibson mufflers havent decided but here some pics

well as for headers all i needed was new gaskets the headers and stage 8 locking bolts

and the cutout goes right after the cat before the muffler

Yeah, I was debating to go with dual exhaust on mine. I would have to fabricate a mount for the driver side to do that and, I am not sure what else would require mods to make it work.

Thanks a lot for all the info and pics- much appreciated. How do you post pics on here as I don't see any way to upload them other than via urls. Does that mean I have to post my pics on the web and then point it to the url in order to get pics on this site?

dakotas ram 08-25-2009 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by 95MaroonMonster (Post 1781288)
**** cat. converters

Just remove it

BlueBeast2 08-26-2009 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by dakotas ram (Post 1781508)
Just remove it

Most places thats a no no

speeddemon31176 08-26-2009 01:25 AM

According to PA inspection rule book it states that the vehicle must be equipped with all parts that it was equipped with from the factory to include mufflers, resonators, and catalytic convertors. As far as where the exhaust may exit it states that the exhaust may exit anywhere behind the passenger compartment of the vehicle and must exit out from under the vehicle, as in no turndowns. In the case of a truck it must exit behind the cab and come out the sides past the body. Just thought that might help your decisions some. I know that some places will let you "slip" on some stuff but no sense in pushing the envelope.

Mowhawk 08-26-2009 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by speeddemon31176 (Post 1782198)
According to PA inspection rule book it states that the vehicle must be equipped with all parts that it was equipped with from the factory to include mufflers, resonators, and catalytic convertors. As far as where the exhaust may exit it states that the exhaust may exit anywhere behind the passenger compartment of the vehicle and must exit out from under the vehicle, as in no turndowns. In the case of a truck it must exit behind the cab and come out the sides past the body. Just thought that might help your decisions some. I know that some places will let you "slip" on some stuff but no sense in pushing the envelope.

+1. You can get away with not having resonators but you MUST have mufflers and cats. on gas trucks.

Go with the flowmasters, the gibsons will be too quiet (i have them) and yes the high flow cats. MHO though, dont go with true duels. Get the x-pipe and have it dump out behind the wheels the x-pipe will be better than the trues. You not throwing down enough horses for the trues.

speeddemon31176 08-26-2009 02:04 AM

i should have clarified that if your vehicle came with resonators you need to have them unless they were discontinued by the manufacturer on the same vehicle at which point they may be eliminated however cats and mufflers stay. Open exhaust as in straight through isn't even 48 state legal. It would make your vehicle classified for off road use only.