2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My belt fell off, can I fix this easily by myself ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 10:07 PM
xray99
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not flaming the guy, but even a 1 post newbie should know to provide some basic details if he wants useful tech advice.

"Belt fell off" - Belts don't just fall off, unless something failed, and caused it to come off.
Was it the tensioner ? A pulley ? The belt itself ?
No way to tell over the internet, without a few basic details.
So telling him how to put another belt on may do more harm than good, since it is likely to fall off too.
How can a belt "fall off" ? It must have been running, unless a squirrel shimied on up into his engine bay and nibbled it off.
More likely, it busted, not fell off - And as we all know, when that happens, you will likely have a little more work to do that simply go to Autozone, buy a new belt, and put it on.
You have to get every scrap of the belt out, now all wound up in the pulleys, you have to make sure no damage to the pulley system was caused, then you have to determine if the belt failed because it was just its time to fail, or if something else caused it to fail.

So I tend to agree with Ram1500, a little info in cases like this might do more harm than good, and the best advice would probably have been "take it to a shop".

Ok, my rant is done and danny86, update your situation when able.

Quick Reply: My belt fell off, can I fix this easily by myself ?