2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Will Dodge fix plenum gasket for free?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 09:38 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

They fit. The Harland Sharp 1.7 Roller rockers were specificly made for the 318 and 360 Magnum.

As for the M1, with your 42'' tires I'd keep the stock kegger as with the M1 you can lose the low-end torque. Just replace the belly pan with the Hughes aluminum pan, do the kegger mod, replace your cap, rotor, plug wires, plugs, theromstat and call it a day.

You can. I just said you can't use them with an aftermarket cam without the exact length push rods because they aren't adjustable
In the case that you have a bigger camshaft You can just get the 1.6 ratio rockers.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Gav1n8
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

omg that made no sense. I have no idea what a runner is... I hate being ignorant with engines. why cant we talk more about lift kits.. grr...

I just read up on the kegger mod today when nathan made me feel like a idiot when saying it cuz ive never heard of it. i dunno what the hell a kegger mod does. where its at. or anything. im getting a haynes manual cuz this is hard keeping up with yall.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:49 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

Click on the DIY Link in my sig. The there is another link in the DIY section to the kegger mod. YOu'll find it. But I am not going to hold your hand here.

Kegger is a term we give to the intake manifold because it looks like a beer keg cut in half.

I hate being ignorant with engines. why cant we talk more about lift kits.. grr...
Because lift kits are simple. Engines are a science (So are suspension systems, but that is different than just lift kits).

Old 09-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We have a very good Glossary Sticky in this forum that has the meanings of many of the terms and acronyms used in here or relative to our trucks, including kegger. You should check it out.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:52 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

Yeah.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:24 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion

yeah look for edlebroc airgap, it will eventaully pay for itself and you get performance gains

Old 09-11-2009, 10:36 AM
sungod
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 98 was repaired by the dealer under warranty. 30K later (probably sooner) it was leaking again. In addition to that I found that the lazy tech sheared off the two rear manifold bolts. I repaired it correctly myself. I know the bolts are all in, new, and torqued properly. I also have a pan that is better suited to the manifold. 5k later my intake is dry dry and still shines. Would you really get any benefit from having the dealer slap on a new gasket?

Old 09-11-2009, 03:29 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

Originally Posted by lastrights
yeah look for edlebroc airgap, it will eventaully pay for itself and you get performance gains
Do I hear an echo?

Old 09-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Miami_Son
Banned

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Do I hear an echo?
Nah, it's just your own thoughts bouncing around in the empty space between your ears.

Quick Reply: Will Dodge fix plenum gasket for free?