2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

E3 DiamondFire plugs are amazing...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Aubrey
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Charlie, do you remember back when they invented peanut butter? You're old.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:34 AM
charlie1935
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I worked on the group that invented dirt!
Yep, I'm old. The flathead Ford V8 was the hot car to have when I started driving.
Damn, that was a long time ago!

Old 09-11-2009, 03:48 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Scottmilkeway
well i have no clue, its a guestimate as to the exact gallons cuz when 20 bucks goes in the tank i get like 10 gallons usually, which puts the meter from E to 1/2 so i dunno... but yeah it seems like they breathed life back into my truck, its got better throttle response and is way smoother in acceleration, im not sure on the exact numberss cuz i dont have the money to fill the tank back up til it clicks then reset the trip and stuff so maybe when i get my cold air intake (more moneyyy...) then maybe ill the numbers, but as i explained these were mediocre calculations, and i was just happy to get my original champion Bulls**ts outta that engine, i might just be being optomistic because it costed 420$ to get those stupid champions out of there... did i mention they all snapped? all 8, trashed... i think my dirtbike maybe be next to get an e3 since my yz250f is really hard to start...
Well, to calculate mileage fill the gas tank up and reset the trip meter. then when it gets close to empty(The low fuel light has been on for atleast 20 miles), write the mileage down. Go put some gas in it before you are stranded! Then get your pocket calculator out and divide the miles driven by 26, no matter how many gallons you put in it when you filled it up. That will get you the average MPG.

Dont waste your money on a CAI. just go down to AutoZone and pick yourself up a Edelbrock 14x3 air cleaner. Do the Advanced Search on here for "14x3" and you will discover why the 14x3 is the better choice. We had a super discussion here a couple of months ago about it. All you need to do is research.

Dont dog on the Champions!!! They make good plugs and any plug that has been in the motor for 122,000 miles (Whether if it was a $1 or $10 plug) it is going to be a bitch to get out. I like to always change the plugs about every 30,000 miles. I also go in and change the distributor cap and rotor and the plug wires. You should prolly do that too at 122,000. Get some MSD Street Fire 8.0mm plug wires from Autozone ($40) and a NAPA cap and rotor that has brass terminals (Brass cap and rotor; $20).

Old 09-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Well, if your plugs were 122,000 miles old, you are going to see a big difference. I've only used E3s once and that was in a Briggs and Stratton. It seemed to like the Bosch plugs better. Never tried them in anything else but I just stay with this guide:
GM - AC Delco
Mopar - Champion
Ford - Autolite
Toyota - Denso
Honda - NGK
Any small engine - Lots run great on NGK plugs.
I just dont see the benefit from using Champions that cost $24 for 8 or the E3s that cost $60 for 8. With the gains minimal, whats the point?
autolites are made in china and mexico now....total crap....electrodes all off center...funny the originals i pulled to replace them with on my VW kit car were the same model plug only made in the usa stamps on them....sigh... Honeywell owns them now (not sure how long they have)
and I read here the Autolite 3923 was the best to run in our rams over stock in a few different threads

Old 09-11-2009, 11:38 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The Autolite 3923 is just a plug with a colder heat range to subside pinging. If you want a Champion with a colder heat range get the RC10YC.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Scottmilkeway
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright PurplDodge I may just go ahead with the 14x3, and i was thinking since the wires say mopar on the side -.- maybe they needed to be changed? lol along with the cap and rotor as well too

Old 09-14-2009, 08:43 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
autolites are made in china and mexico now....total crap....electrodes all off center...funny the originals i pulled to replace them with on my VW kit car were the same model plug only made in the usa stamps on them....sigh... Honeywell owns them now (not sure how long they have)
and I read here the Autolite 3923 was the best to run in our rams over stock in a few different threads
Yes, and after many trials with these and other plugs by many, many forum members, with the conclusion that some Ram engines just love the 3923s and some Ram engines hate them, you are going to come on here and set us all straight.

Read the data. I don't care where they're made in this case, there is a heap of a data on plugs on this site (and more than that in opinions). Voiding out so many "field trials" because of where a plug is made is ridiculous.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:44 PM
dodge6

I've used Autolite and also Slitfire plugs with no problems. Put in E3 plugs, ran great at first, smooth idle. Then started misfiring, got so bad the CEL came on.
Only got about 500 miles out of the E3's, got tired of wasting time with them. Put the old plugs back in and runs great. For me the E3 was junk, but if it works for some one else great. I'm staying with what I know works in my truck.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Trey318
Captain

There have been many many complaints of bad E3 plugs out of the box that I have seen on reviews from some websites that sell them.

Quick Reply: E3 DiamondFire plugs are amazing...