2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need some maintanance

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 01:02 PM
speeddemon31176
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Reedy17
i cant fly there as im moving back, i have a lot of stuff to take, and im not sure about seafoam ive heard good stories and horror stories so ive never risked it, plug i dont even know how the hell you use it

That's why the stuff comes with instructions on the can.lol

Old 09-11-2009, 01:40 PM
trptman
Rookie

Originally Posted by palerider9999
2000 miles @ avg 15 MPG=133 X avg $2.65 a gal for gas = $353.00. Add up all of the $$ for premaintenance, wear/tear, food and hotel you may want to consider flying there.
beat me to the money for gas issue. the premaintenance things you can't entirely write up to this trip-alot of those things should maybe be done anyway with that kind of mileage on the truck.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Reedy17
Amateur

i plan on doing everything i can afford to make sure the trip goes smooth i dont need a hotel im driving alone and can stop and sleep in the back seat, but none of that changes the fact that im not sure i should trust seafoam, i would think it would come with instructions obviously but that doesnt mean i will trust dumping the stuff in my engine

so as of now im looking at about 300 bucks to fix some things up, replace things, etc maybe more, now im just on the seafoam issue because im not sure if i trust it or not

Old 09-11-2009, 04:06 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Your just going on a road trip. You dont need to do the Seafoam treatment. Just change the oil with some Maxlife and a Napa Gold filter, check spark plugs and all fluid levels.

But Seafoam is a good product. Although I have used it on both the S-10 and Dodge and have not seen the huge white clouds of smoke that everyone says they get. I guess that the Shell and Mobil gasoline had been cleaning it out good enough! Hell, I got more smoke outta my little Briggs and Stratton mower than I got out of the trucks! Seafoam works wonders in small engines!

Old 09-11-2009, 08:31 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

don't change the transmission fluid for the first time before a long trip. it can lead to big time failure by putting all the sludge into suspension and then stopping up the filter. then..... m e l t d o w n.

Quick Reply: Need some maintanance