2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Superchips 3815 problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 06:03 PM
CSXfan
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips 3815 problem

Hi all,
I bought my Superchips 3815 to get rid of the death flash and so I could read engine trouble codes. The problem is that half the time I can't get the stupid thing to read codes. A while ago my CEL came on and when I plugged in the programmer all it said was "no CDTs exist". No matter what I did the programmer never picked up a code. It will clear the CEL though. Anyone know what the problem could be? I emailed Superchips twice but they haven't responded.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:58 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Have you updated the programmer with the latest updates from Superchips?

Old 09-20-2009, 09:16 PM
CSXfan
All Star

I updated it a couple months ago but should that really matter? I would think it should work whether it's updated or not. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:24 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Was the performance gains noticeable with the death flash removed? How about mileage?

Old 09-20-2009, 11:54 PM
CSXfan
All Star

I haven't noticed anything at all with low end, but top end was definately improved. Gas mileage has improved. According to the lie-ometer I could never get more than 13.4mpg highway before the programmer, now I'm getting 14.5mpg highway. Probably not worth the extra 1.1 mile because I have to run 91 octane, but whatever. The thing I like most about having the programmer is that the TC locks up at 50mph instead of 40mph.

But right now I'm just ticked because one of the most important functions doesn't work, anyone else have an idea about what could be wrong?

Old 09-21-2009, 03:00 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Updating it won't necessarily make the tunes any better, but it may reprogram it and fix the error, if there is one, that has occurred in the device to not allow it to retrieve your codes.

If you get a hold of someone at Superchips, that'll be the first thing they tell you to do anyway.

I've actually done the hard math, not with the lie-o-meter, and my gas mileage hasn't improved hardly at all because I can't keep my foot out of it. My low end improved a little bit, but the middle and high end really went up.

Quick Reply: Superchips 3815 problem