2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

trouble in paradise...exhaust issues.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 06:50 PM
heckman15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trouble in paradise...exhaust issues.

hey guys so i had a hole in my muffler and it was small and not to bad but lately i've been doing a lot of gravel driving and i was stupid and hit a tractor rim with it today. i know how could i do that right...i must be a dumb*ss. in my defense it was used for a fire pit and i parked the boat next to it and when i pulled out forgot it was there and turned into it. anyways after that the whole was big enought to make my truck annoying and im **** about my truck so it was driving me cazy and made me mad so i cut it off. but now its too loud. i want it to be a bit quieter so i can stand it. im a college kid with no money and i need the cheapest route to tone it down a bit...any suggestions would be nice. also i pounded out the honeycomb in my cat a long time ago and so if i ran another six feet of pipe to run it out the back would that quiet it enough? please help like i said i'm **** about my truck...i like how it sounds its just too loud. sorry this is so long.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:28 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

call a couple of muffler shops and see if they have one that they've cut off another truck recently that would work for you.

That or see if there's a pick-n-pull junk yard with one that'll work for you.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:59 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

as far as new goes a glass pack is about as cheap as you can get. it quiets it down quite a bit but it still has a nice grumble to it. anything you get is going to be a good deal louder with a hollow cat though.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:45 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thrush and cherry bomb make a turbo muffler they both you the same..... you can get they it advance auto,,, or jegs...ect

Quick Reply: trouble in paradise...exhaust issues.