2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HID Kits for headlights and fogs

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 01:24 PM
terranova
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Kits for headlights and fogs

I'm trying to find conversion kits for my headlights and fog lights. I've found the xenon kits for the headlights, are they any good? But I can't find one for the fog lights. What have you used?

Old 09-24-2009, 02:04 PM
helms
All Star
Old 09-24-2009, 02:49 PM
sanford35_5.9
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out Ebay a few guys from work got them on there trucks and cars and they seem to be pretty good quallity. They offer some that just install just like headlights.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Kindschi
Veteran

+1 On the DDM HID's. I got them on my car and there great. And they have kits for both headlights and foglights for our trucks. If your gonna get a colored bulb (8-12k temp) I would stick with the 35w kit since the 55w kits wash away color. (3k is yellow, 4-6k is a more pure white color, 8-12k has a hint of blue, more blue hint the higher the temp).

Just let it be known that HID's are bright and put in our stock housing's they can put of alot of glare. My headlights have that yellow fogginess to them and it actually helps keep the glare down, when I refinished the lense last time I noticed a big jump in brightness and glare. HID's are not legal. Ive had them in my truck for 2 years and Ive only been stopped for my HID's once and the cop just wanted to know where I got them and he complimented me on them. Since so many new cars are coming stock with HID's and they have become so cheap to buy and mod the older cars ive seen alot more of them, 2 years ago it was a blue moon to see another car with the HID mod, now its more common and therefor some law enforcement dont enforce it as much as others.

My Truck is running 8k Headlight and 10k Foglights. Check my sig pic for a look at what they look like.

PS: HID's kill radio reception, something with the freq of the ballast, If you listen to the radio and only the radio you may not like it when you have your HID's on, really adds alot of static and some station may not come in at all, every car/truck reacts different. My car and truck I still get good reception but the GF cant hear anything at all and shes got an Intrepid just like me.

Quick Reply: HID Kits for headlights and fogs