2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Problem with new engine dying

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 11:51 PM
CARFXNTIM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with new engine dying

1996 1500 360 INSTALLED NEW MOTOR then the problems. it turns over fires for 1 second and dies i removed all of the old coponents from the old engine and same thing ..fuel press.50pnds no drop all readings on scanner so ok...i put noid light on injectors ..they pulse on startup and then quit until i try to restart then nothing put a quick fire and then shuts off..i fogged the throttle body with gas to keep it running @ 3000rpm's untill it got to operating temp(190) all of a sudden it came to life on its own and ran perfect for a half hour befor i shut it down to try a restart..so i started it again and it ran perfect again ...everything was perfect so i cleaned up wile it was runnig to take it for a drive ..when i got in it started to loose pulse again and died..grrrrrrrrr....ok so it ran for an hour now i'm back to the begining of this story...please help i'm tring to go to the vermonster fri. night and cant..

Old 09-25-2009, 12:11 AM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Please use more descriptive titles. Almost everyone that posts in here needs help.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:34 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i'm just guessing here, but there is a computer setting, set by scanner, called fuel sync. that might be out.

Quick Reply: Problem with new engine dying