2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

DRB Scan Tool and our capabilities

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 11:36 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DRB Scan Tool and our capabilities

So... I got my new computer in yesterday and all is well except the ABS and Brake light came on a minute after driving it. Now before you say "ah ha! Rear Speed Sensor" ... no its not as most have been programed to say on here lol. Turns out my vin and mileage didn't come programed so I went to dodge and luck was on my side for once. The place was closing down (at 5 pm btw on a thursday?) anyway the garage out back was open and I talked to a tech and asked for a favor. He surprisingly was more than willing to help me out and hooked up to my truck and programed my vin and mileage (after he figured out thats what was causing the lights to appear). Well... I was joking around with him and asked "hey you can't change tire size with that too can you? haha im jk" Damn well knowing he can, and he was like "I sure can" and he went in to change it but it is programed as revolutions per mile and not by tire size. He said go home, look up the tire and get the number, come back tomorrow night and ill fix you up. Nicest guy ever... so I plan on going back tonight and offering him some money for helping me out. BUT! this got me thinking. Since I have an "in", what other sorts of features can be turned on by the DRB scan tool that we have access to? One thing that comes to mind is the old old thread about the PTO wire. Some said it may reduce TM, some say it didn't change a thing etc... And since our trucks didn't come with a pto transfer case, that option is probably turned off, so... I wonder if it needs to be enabled and what would happen then? Would that give me a high idle at idle at the flip of a switch. Sounds pretty handy in winter time since mine takes forever . Or heck make the AC blow colder air while parked. But like i said this got me thinking... what other sorts of goodies can the dealership enable?

Last edited by pcfixerpro; 09-25-2009 at 11:39 AM.

Quick Reply: DRB Scan Tool and our capabilities