2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bosch or AC Delco?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 05:39 PM
elementalnature
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay I think I got my answers. See when you replace any critical components in a GM vehicle, almost always use AC Delco. Injectors, Distributor Cap and Rotor, Plugs... AC Delco was the way to go in GM.

Here I understand Autolite or Champion 3923 plugs, Moog Suspension, Mopar Electrical and the Hughes Plenum kit. Speaking of, I got to looking today and you have to strip away quite a few components to get to the plenum so would you guys go ahead and replace the gasket?

And did these trucks come with Holley V8 carbs from the factory? I took a look at the air filter and pulled it off of the carburetor and it was a Holley with a gasket that crumbled in my hand.

Way to hijack my own thread btw.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Twisted Metal
Captain

"Speaking of, I got to looking today and you have to strip away quite a few components to get to the plenum so would you guys go ahead and replace the gasket?"

Absolutely, When you order the Hughes plate, get the install kit they offer. It includes new intake gaskets, the plat gasket that comes from comes from Hughes IMo, is kind chincy. Get a Fel Pro one from the parts store. The kit also includes new hardware since the factory stuff is TTY(torque to yield). There is a host of other things you can repair or replace while you have the top half apart.

"And did these trucks come with Holley V8 carbs from the factory? I took a look at the air filter and pulled it off of the carburetor and it was a Holley with a gasket that crumbled in my hand."

Its a Throttle Body, not a carb. Yes its factory.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by elementalnature

Here I understand Autolite or Champion 3923 plugs
You got that bassawkards. Autolite 3923 plug and THEN Champion stockers.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:38 PM
elementalnature
Professional

Okay okay, I got it now. Thanks for being patient but I'm new to Mopar and kind of a dunce in auto mechanics. I'm learning as I go.

Quick Reply: Bosch or AC Delco?