2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

clicking speakers with accelerator and reception

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeboy1979
sounds like your picking up interference from your alternator. Try checking your main power supply line to your amp. I know i had the same problem with my stereo and it was because i bought a cheaper power feed wire, picked up a higher end one and the problem was gone.
If it just started happening though, I would question that logic. Really the only thing that I can think of that would make a power wire just start doing that is if you have a bare spot in the shield. (Unless of course your alternator is on it's last leg, then that could be an issue as well.)

Another thing, how do you have the wires ran? If you have the Power wire running along with the RCA and the Speaker wire, then that might be part of the issue. Perhaps it has always done this, and now that the copper is aging, it's getting worse?

Old 10-08-2009, 02:23 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it was installed at the beginning of summer or so, power wire down one side of cab, others on the other....ill snoop around tomorrow.....alternator is a possibility, ive got the lowest stock one and an efan

Old 10-08-2009, 11:33 AM
greenmachine
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check your grounds.

Quick Reply: clicking speakers with accelerator and reception