2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dovetail the bed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 12:46 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not one single person that I know of. Hopefully mine will be soon

Old 10-18-2009, 01:27 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You gotta go over to pavementsucks or pirate for the hardcore stuff. We're kinda lame around here

Old 10-18-2009, 03:44 PM
joekool4
Professional

Originally Posted by olyelr
It varies from each state. Here in MI (which is really quite lenient), they require an attempt be made to cover the tires if they are beyond the fenders. But in Florida, ha, when I go to vacation over there I see trucks with 40+" tires sticking a foot from the fenders all the time.
here in florida most guys with trucks gut the cat as the first mod even on brand new trucks, sadly I can't afford the o2 plug cancels but i have a friend with just the 1 plug before the cat and his sounds awesome. i think the law is as long it fits in the lines and its registered you can run it on the road. we got a bunch of old chopped up VW bug "dune buggies" with nothing covering the rear wheels, too.

Old 10-18-2009, 04:13 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend

Originally Posted by Cereal Killer
You gotta go over to pavementsucks or pirate for the hardcore stuff. We're kinda lame around here
Hey we do what we do to help.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:06 AM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Cereal Killer

Yeah, I was a member over there long before here, but I like this place a lot. Too damn much good info over here on everything aside from wheeling/smashing/trashing your truck. This is more my style, at least for right now while its my driver.

Plus, all you guys are more laid back and much nicer over here. If you as a question over on pirate you instantly get flamed, and PS is dang near getting that way too.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Aubrey
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Olyelr, that's the reason I stopped going over there too. I am not putting Rockwells and swapping in a big block in mine. When you need actual help on keeping your truck running, this is a pretty good place for it.
The dovetail keeps you from tearing the sides off. You obviously eliminate a lot of carrying space. I don't think I would dovetail but, I'm at a point where I do need to start thinking about what to do with my bed. I have two cracks in the floor of it near the cab and they aren't far from reaching each other. The front of my bed is about to come detached from the floor of my bed.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:27 PM
nathangfnd
Captain

well as far as the dovetail goes. Some of you said it would be to hard for what it does, but really as long as i dont cut to much out i can use the factory body mounts so i could just cut with plasma cutter or grinder or someone on ps used sawzall(im not going to.

And for hauling stuff, doesnt happen enough for me to care, im only going to cut enough out so it works and if i have to i can still put my 4wheeler in the back.

Im going to send out some emails to check with local laws here to see what it says, ive seen some jeeps around here running 12.5 wide tires and the whole tire sticks out the side but i want to make sure. also on bumper hight. online it says the only hight restriction is that it cant stand more than 14 feet tall. but that has to be a lie but noone around here lifts that high so ive never seen any drop bumpers.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:31 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I was a member over there long before here, but I like this place a lot. Too damn much good info over here on everything aside from wheeling/smashing/trashing your truck. This is more my style, at least for right now while its my driver.

Plus, all you guys are more laid back and much nicer over here. If you as a question over on pirate you instantly get flamed, and PS is dang near getting that way too.
Your a dumb jackass

LOL JK. i haven't been on PS in a while. i was just going on there for parts. I was only going on DT up till a few weeks ago just to look for parts. i have started posting every once in a while on DT.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:41 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend

Df for the GOOD forum dt for killer parts. That where my super chips and headers have come from.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

Yeah, it is getting bad over there. They'll really jump your **** for not using the search function, and their search function sucks. All you can find when you search for stuff is about 200 posts of people being told to search.

Quick Reply: Dovetail the bed?