2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:34 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting
Print Wikipost

2001 Dodge Ram Sport headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 10:35 AM
kane912
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the info should give me more info on what to look for

Old 10-23-2009, 01:58 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by el_oso
I'm always good to be open to argument, you just have to bring evidence and knowledge to the debate. Unless someone can do that, I'll always go with the one who can and in this case the Big Dog (Stern) wins.
Testing three manufacturers, or five, or ten, is not 100% of aftermarket. Did you/he prove that those manufacturers make bad models, yes. Did you prove that 100% of aftermarket are crap? No.

Therefore making that broad a statement is still in error, I don't care what your name is.

Glad we helped you out Kane.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:37 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 10-23-2009, 09:50 AM
kane912
Amateur

yeah i checked it out i was looking more for euro style not really a fan of projectors

Old 10-23-2009, 10:27 AM
el_oso
Professional

Originally Posted by jasonw
Testing three manufacturers, or five, or ten, is not 100% of aftermarket. Did you/he prove that those manufacturers make bad models, yes. Did you prove that 100% of aftermarket are crap? No.

Therefore making that broad a statement is still in error, I don't care what your name is.
Name some manufacturers, bring testing data and any other empirical evidence supporting a claim that a certain product stands up ... otherwise it's "because I say so" and unless a person has a huge background in a particular area to back that up then the argument goes nowhere.

Sorry.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:30 AM
el_oso
Professional

Originally Posted by kane912
yeah i checked it out i was looking more for euro style not really a fan of projectors
What do you mean by "euro style" ?

The stock quad bulb looks very clean if the lenses are clear.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:54 AM
kane912
Amateur
Old 10-23-2009, 11:04 AM
el_oso
Professional

I actually looked at those when I was debating what to do with my faded and crusty stock lamps but they aren't made for the 4 light system our Sport versions have, and you don't want to lose the 4 bulb system.

I bet you're digging the different side reflector look, that's what drew me to it. I replaced the egg yolks bulbs in my factory side markers with SilverStars, they have a bluish-amber look when off that looks a lot better. You can also get chrome bulbs, though they don't last long but luckily they're inexpensive. My sidemarkers look a lot cleaner without the orange blob inside.

I'd stick with OEM, seriously.

Last edited by el_oso; 10-23-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:46 AM
kane912
Amateur

yeah thats one reason and i like the 1 piece look of them, there alot cleaner looking and mine are all crusted so i think i might just get a new set, yeah i hate the side markers ive been looking for clear corners. i had a set of the chrome ones in my 96 ram with the black set of those lights and they looked nice cuz they reflected in the corner. Where did you get your silverstars ive been looking around once in a while for them but have had no luck my chrome ones came with my lights from lmc.
im probably going to be ordering some new oem ones anyways

Old 10-23-2009, 12:10 PM
el_oso
Professional

yeah i hate the side markers ive been looking for clear corners.
You won't find them for the Sport quad lamp. Plus I don't know where you live but many states require that orange reflector.

Where did you get your silverstars ive been looking around once in a while for them but have had no luck
Ebay is my friend, Ebay can be your friend too!

Advance carries the Silverstar line of lamps (expensive/junk) but they didn't have the marker bulbs that I wanted (solely for appearance sake). I have GE Nighthawks for headlamp capsules.

im probably going to be ordering some new oem ones anyways
What do you have now, the original OEM? Have you tried a good restore system on them? I used "CrystalView" on mine (they looked like a peeling sunburn on a dark tanned back, lol) and, with the exception of some minor crazing that will never go away, they turned out great.

As I posted in a rant the other other day one of my high beam capsules exploded and trashed the interior of the RH lens. I'll be replacing that with an OEM unit and I will probably end up replacing both depending on how much difference is noticeable between the new one and the restored one.

Just remember you can simply get the 2-bulb bucket instead of the whole assembly.

I have to clean up a memory stick on my camera, I'll try and take a picture of how my headlights look beforehand and I'll post it here.

Last edited by el_oso; 10-23-2009 at 12:16 PM.

Quick Reply: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport headlights