2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Aamco

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 12:30 PM
helms
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you're hooped. the lawyer fees will be much more than the repair bill. Unfortunatly, this kind of thing happens all the time. All you can do is keep complaining, go higher up the ladder. I have never heard of AAMCO, but it sounds like its a corporation. if thats the case, you can find someone higher up who should do something about it. They didnt get to where they are now by ripping people off, somebody will fix it.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:38 PM
oldspartan
Amateur

They are a franchise operation. Just google it and you will find all sorts of complaints like yours. They also have a website that really doesn't give a lot of contact information. I would also check the Better Business Bureau in your area.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:36 PM
Pysiek
Professional

IF the tranny will work bad again,after they adjust my cable tonight,my first step will be report the issue to Better Business Bureau. I have checked the location on theirs website and looks like there have been only 7 reports on them and the BBB rate them as A-

Old 10-27-2009, 03:50 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

Aamco...

Thats the place I send my enemies...and used to send my old racing competitors.

MUHUHUHUHHHAHHAHAHHAHHHAH!

Double A >KABOOM KABOOM< MCO...Aamco!

Old 11-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Pysiek
Professional

They changed transmission computer and still have same problem. Now they send my truck to Dodge dealer cause they don't know what is wrong with it.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:41 PM
VEETEN
Captain
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

NOOOOOOO They'll probably do a PCM Flash.....
My 2 cats were bad and the first thing the dealer did is flash it... There was a TSB about the 1-2-3-4 gear then back to 3 then back to 4th it was shifting funny, pinging and weird stuff. 2 weeks later they replaced the cats and problem was fixed..
I don't know if I got the death flash cause there isn't a plenum prob with the V10, but It's something to be aware of..
I sould put a disclaimer here:
This probably has nothing to do with you're problem, just saying there was a TSB with shifting and a dealer fix was flashing PCM, Which could add to you're headaches.
I'll shut up now cause I'm starting to ramble...............................
http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2002/18-006-02.htm
it was for the 00-01 v8 and v10 so please ignore my entire ramble.....

Last edited by VEETEN; 11-16-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:18 PM
silverbullet-dodgeram
Veteran

u might try this take it to a few other tranny shops tell them what ur up against and see what they thank is wrong and then take it back to were u have the warranty and say hey 2 other shops say its this i want u to check it out and if they don't find a lawyer

Old 11-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Pysiek
Professional

I still have warranty on the transmission. AAMCO is paying for everything. I will know next week what is wrong.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker

As long as it keeps going back for the same problem, technically it's not fixed from the first time. As long as you have documentation showing that it was still under warranty when the problem started, it will still be under warranty till it's fixed. YOU can prove that in small claims court. Just keep records of all the times you've taken it in and what for.

Quick Reply: Aamco