2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mopar Performance Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Gotta feed them horses
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Performance Parts?

I have been finding a ton of part numbers for Mopar Performance parts, but I can't find most of them online. Are those dealer parts? Thanks

Old 11-10-2009, 12:59 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you try rock auto , usally best place to go fo oem parts ??

Old 11-10-2009, 01:51 AM
joekool4
Professional

Ive been looking and there doesnt seem to be very many Mopar performance parts from Mopar for our trucks anymore, on their website when it asks for year and model it only goes back to 03

Old 11-10-2009, 03:43 AM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When it comes to an iron V10, be hard pressed to find any Mopar Performance parts these days. What are you looking for?

Old 11-10-2009, 11:11 AM
Gotta feed them horses
Professional

I'm looking for the performance PCM for a 96 California model V10. I found a mopar performance "purple" cam for $350 which I'm definately getting. I found the pcms for 94-95 but I doubt they will work on my truck. I also want some nice shiny valve covers, but I might just paint the ones I got off a glassified cash for clunkers v10. I finally have some good money coming in so I'm doing the camshaft, hopefully the pcm, fastman tb, K&N intake, borla headers, and I'm having the cat cut out and the muffler as well. I wanted to get the heads and intake ported too. I can only spend about $2000 before january, so some of this stuff will have to wait. I found acorns on top of my engine when I was cleaning the TB, so I am commiting myself to a complete cleaning of the engine and the replacemnt of the valve cover and oil pan gaskets. Basically I'm gonna spend all of my money to get some more power and then never want to drive because premium gas is so expensive. I'm looking for a used supercharger too, $4000 ain't cheap. Oh yeah, a new transmission too. Its gonna be the ugliest sleeper out there. Is it hard to get these engines out? Ive helped take a 5.9 out but can't really imagine getting a v10 out.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:31 AM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

I'm afraid your truck is probably a bit too old for application specific parts like computers from mopar performance.

I'd check some of the older MP dealers like Mancini Racing or Summit or Jegs, see if they have some of those items sitting in a corner somewheres.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:43 AM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Summits got dik for a V10 96, did a search last night, only 7 items, things like timing chain, oil filters, valve cover gskts. Mancini Racing still carries fair bit of 5.2/5.9 stuff but didnt see anything for 8.0. Maybe email them directly, may have some stuff still kicking around.

Could try http://www.mopartsracing.com/
Again, I would email them directly, they carry Viper 10 parts so some stuff may crossover.

Mopar performance as far as I know stopped making the MP PCM few years back. For a tune contact B&G Chrysler & get a custom flash, probably your only option these days.
http://www.bgchrysler.com/

Pulling a 5.2/5.9 is a piece of cake, dont need to pull the hood or even the rad support. V10 is a whole new ballgame, its a damn tight fit. Probably have to take the whole front end off it, hood and it will still be a struggle but Im sure its doeable.

Funny, what is it with you guys with white trucks? Guy at the track few years back, had a white, really beat up D250. Thing looked like a real pos on the outside but the sucker ran mid 12s. Under the hood, nicely polished/chromed out & well massaged 440 that just screamed lmao!

Last edited by RM_Indy; 11-10-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:06 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by RM_Indy

Funny, what is it with you guys with white trucks? Guy at the track few years back, had a white, really beat up D250. Thing looked like a real pos on the outside but the sucker ran mid 12s. Under the hood, nicely polished/chromed out & well massaged 440 that just screamed lmao!
Thats funny...I had a 69 Roadrunner like that once...didn't run mid 12s . But I used to have fun with the late 70s z 28s and 5.0 Mustangs.
Many Apologies for the hijack OP...

Last edited by dsertdog56; 11-10-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:12 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

wait, you want MORE power, aint that V10 a fire breather as it is?

Old 11-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Gotta feed them horses
Professional

Yeah I feel a little stupid for trying to make it more powerful, but I am really interested in learning about engines. I go to pull a part and disassemble different kinds of engines on the weekends, but I never get to put them back together and see if they work. The V10 is way underpowered for its size too. I guess fixing things that ain't broke is my hobby. The mopar performance crankshaft is going to add 45hp and 40ftlbs torque and i will get to take the top of the engine apart, so that should be fun and a nice performance booster. The PCM is not to be found for a 96. I have to figure out some alternative like a tuner that is customized for the V10 or something similar. The exhaust and intake are just no brainers, easy to do, parts are available, and it make the truck run way better. I talked to a machine shop today that will LOOK at the heads to determine whether or not they will port them and they said they can polish and port the intake manifold. If I can get to 400hp and 550 torque I will be happy. Then Ill supercharge it and be at 565 hp and 710 ftlbs torque and Ill be content.

Quick Reply: Mopar Performance Parts?