2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

loudest exhuast

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 10:36 PM
silverbullet-dodgeram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya it is a matter of opinon i like it cut off it sound like an open header dragster to me but where i live the cops watch my truck so now its got a cat and glass pack dump but im bout to redo it and keep the cat lose the glasspack and run inch and 7/8 ish from the cat out to a 7 inch dezl tip (im going for loudness)

Originally Posted by rickmeseke
i think its just a preference of whether it sounds good or not. alot of people say its too loud, which mine is haha, but i love the sound of it. im running 2.5 straights all the way back, and you can hear me too far away. i dont even have to call my girlfriend and tell her to come outside in the morning, she just hears me and gets ready haha

Old 11-12-2009, 10:45 PM
AlabamaRam95
All Star

bigred... did you do the exhaust tuning like we talked about?

Old 11-12-2009, 11:00 PM
tomcat_m
Rookie

Originally Posted by DodgeRamSport209
whats the loudest exhaust i could put on my truck i got a 2001 dodge ram sport wit a 318 standard im runnin a xcellerator hi performance muffler right now but i was thinkin either a flowmaster super 44 or a cherry bomb extreme i aint runnin off the headers so dont even say anythin bout that lol
I got the same engine and I just install glass pack(cherrybomb) sounds great and cheap

Old 11-12-2009, 11:10 PM
01sportoffroad
Rookie

glass packs sound awesome on the 5.2 my dad has a 96 with a 5.2 and a glass pack and that truck raps really nice. Nice mopar sound. And i agree with the statement about 4 inch tips. Really makes the noise bounce around nicely. I have a 2001 with a 5.9 w/ glass pack and 2 4" by 22" tips coming out on each corner of my bumper and my truck has a wonderful clean but loud sound to it. Im thinking about getting a magnaflow highflow can for my 01 however. Performance gain would be nice along with the sound!

Old 11-12-2009, 11:53 PM
big.red.ram
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AlabamaRam95
bigred... did you do the exhaust tuning like we talked about?
nope not yet. gonna get my gears in first. thats my main priority. then exhaust. time is gettin tight with work and now huntin comes in saturday so i wont have alot of time for big red besides takin her back to the woods and puttin my paycheck in the gas tank

Old 11-13-2009, 12:14 AM
AlabamaRam95
All Star

i hear ya... i do alot of hunting but i live on my hunting property and enjoy the walks. when i bag one i usually stay in the tree long enough to smoke a cigar, call my wife and she comes down on the mule and helps load up the deer. then i get to listen to her gripe about me shooting it...lol.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:32 AM
big.red.ram
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ha lol ya dont they always do that tho?? lol

Quick Reply: loudest exhuast