2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Looking for more performance! 5.9L Ram

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 01sportoffroad
Well I was wondering if anyone has any good performance secrets. I was curious is there any upgrade for the ignition system? will my truck benefit from a different coil or anything like that? What is the best programer for the money and how much performance can i expect to get out of one? And last how much will a magnaflow highflow cat help performance? Thanks for any help anyone has.
there is a sticky full of performance tips? Like most engines, performance will come in the form of ways to get more air through the engine....better flowing heads/TB manifold and headers/betterflowing exhaust THEN get it tuned or add a tuner. Those are the the easiest ways I can think of without going to a bigger displacement engine.
super coild are going to give you the same performance boost as extra expensive plugs and wire on a stock engine.....(pretty much all in your head) although better wires help in other ways like better shielding. btw cheap autolite 3923 plugs add 5 dynoproven hp over stock champions.

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 11-13-2009 at 11:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Looking for more performance! 5.9L Ram