2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

lol...fried some wires...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dodge.Ismo
[Class 1 driver],...thought you looked familiar..[just kidd'in], beautiful rides my man...biggest bike I ever rode was a 1340 Hog back in the day,..1983 lol...god I feel old!
lol my vw kitcar only has a 1600cc air cooled engine...working on it is a lot like working on a bike engine ...and of course I got the "bug " to spice it up more than I have already.... rebuilding and tuning the dual carbs was a real experience to get right...

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 12-09-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:21 PM
rydesolow
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol.. yeah, a bit off topic. But it's all good.. Good to reminise

Old 12-09-2009, 02:35 PM
rydesolow
Veteran

Yeah, that would be like working on a bike! I'm getting a 1800cc VTX for next summer. And the dual carbs... yeah I know.. my V-Star has dual carbs, and they are annoying to sync and jet right.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion

Originally Posted by rydesolow
Yeah, that would be like working on a bike! I'm getting a 1800cc VTX for next summer. And the dual carbs... yeah I know.. my V-Star has dual carbs, and they are annoying to sync and jet right.
I havent had to touch the carbs on my vstar yet....but even so...imagine two 30+year old italian carbs (dellortos they dont make anymore) on opposite sides of the engine each feeding two cylinders and all the fun linkage adjustmenst to play with.... lots of adjusting and readjusting ....it was set up all wrong when I bought it...(only had 178 miles on the odometer)...ran super rich and hot at the same time from timing being jacked up....
and speaking of brakes...you have not had it rough unil you experienced four wheel drum brakes after they are really hot!!...lol good thing the car only weights 1300lbs.

Old 12-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Dodge.Ismo
Veteran

So,..."95RAM360",...back to your thread here...did you get a chance to check on the link I posted? also...1st of all usually when the ABS light goes on, that tells us that the ABS is not operational, (duhhhh..ok..everyone can figure that one out..), 2) on trucks like ours that are 12-13+ years old,...the culprit is usually the part(s) that stop operating due to the dirt, mud, ...whatever grime due to its low location,...are the VSS (vehicle speed sensors). I just went to the local Wrecking Yard instead of buying new, fairly easy to get off...usually. (W/yard= $10-$15.00 a peice....new= $250.00+++), new prices are ridiculous for vehile speed sensors. Don't even bother asking the price from the "DEALER"!

Old 12-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion

Originally Posted by Dodge.Ismo
So,..."95RAM360",...back to your thread here...did you get a chance to check on the link I posted? also...1st of all usually when the ABS light goes on, that tells us that the ABS is not operational, (duhhhh..ok..everyone can figure that one out..), 2) on trucks like ours that are 12-13+ years old,...the culprit is usually the part(s) that stop operating due to the dirt, mud, ...whatever grime due to its low location,...are the VSS (vehicle speed sensors). I just went to the local Wrecking Yard instead of buying new, fairly easy to get off...usually. (W/yard= $10-$15.00 a peice....new= $250.00+++), new prices are ridiculous for vehile speed sensors. Don't even bother asking the price from the "DEALER"!
?? he already posted the prob was just a burnt ground wire from when he jumped his car. and the abs is still working........I know we were off topic but the original subject was pretty much a closed case matter...for OP anyway..
and besides 95RAM360 was the one who took us off topic in the first place by asking how much hp the camaro had....

Old 12-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Dodge.Ismo
Veteran

I know,... just playing around. The new topic is far more interesting anyway...*(I'm picking up a 1970 LT-1 from a shop owner buddy of mine for a coulpe bills to toss into MY '85 Z28.)..I'll edit a pic in ..in about 5 minutes...come back.

Last edited by Dodge.Ismo; 12-09-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion

mine was like that only black and gold with louvered irocz hood (looks like you have it too) and 4 wheel disc brakes....it really was fun but had issues being the first year tuneport....they added another injector to the later years for cold starts and such...I used to get a ride to school in it and a 79 camaro z28 (guy was a camaro nut had three) from middle school up to after first year of high school...my buddy lived across the street so I know his dad took good care of it..

Old 12-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Dodge.Ismo
Veteran

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
mine was like that only black and gold with louvered irocz hood (looks like you have it too) and 4 wheel disc brakes....it really was fun but had issues being the first year tuneport....they added another injector to the later years for cold starts and such....
I was gonna buy an '84 that was black with gold accents for $3500,...but found this one for $1500. It came with the 4-bbl. 305cid., 700R4, and front disc brakes w/drum rears. I just picked up a 1989 4-bolt 350 GMC truck motor to build for her. My "Dodge" truck is being done 1st tho!

Quick Reply: lol...fried some wires...