2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

cheap lift?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I think some of you forget when a 4wd truck it on solid ground all four wheels are bing driven equally...its when a tire looses traction that more drive is sent to that tire...this is where a locker or lsd unit helps...
as far as lifts most may be made in china but their are quality kits made to better specs and supported by brand name distributors.... just like a real apple ipod is made in china and is of better quality than the $20 knock offs i've bought on ebay (also made in the new industry capital of the world)...I have both and theirs no comparision..

Old 01-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Weldor
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BDS sells lots of suspension kits and I wouldn't call them low quality at all, they have great customer service as well. It was the only thing I would run on my jeeps. You can bash 4x4's all you want but theres a reason you see more of them off road then 2wd's, even locked ones. You keep comparing your locked 2wd to that of an open 4x4. There completely different animals, compare a locked 4x4 to your 2wd and theres no contest. I'm not saying you can't wheel a 2wd, hell theres lots that do damn well but 4x4's will always have more aftermarket support and will go more places that a locked or open 2wd will ever go.

Last edited by Weldor; 01-06-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:31 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 011500Ram
There is no such thing as a quality lift kit. They are all cast metal made in China and rebranded stateside.
not this again

Quick Reply: cheap lift?