2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Disabling the auto-lock feature

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 02:10 AM
Dakine69302
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

our 99 rams have that option...didn't know that, the alarm i got installed though does it automatically. i dont' mind it though, it locks as soon as i turn the key in the on position and unlocks as soon as i turn the key off, so if i'm not in the truck, unless i locked it, it is still unlocked

Old 02-22-2010, 05:19 PM
kookadala

This solution is not working on my 01 Caravan. What do you do after the door lock switch is pushed to lock? Turn the key back off or go on to start the vehicle? Do I need to wait till the 30 seconds has passed before doing anything else? What about the seatbelt, as I get a lot of chimes because the seatbelt is not engaged?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by kookadala; 02-22-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

not sure if they're the same or not kooka, try the caravan forum, you'll probably get better results

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-caravan-23/

Old 02-22-2010, 05:45 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by kookadala
This solution is not working on my 01 Caravan. What do you do after the door lock switch is pushed to lock? Turn the key back off or go on to start the vehicle? Do I need to wait till the 30 seconds has passed before doing anything else? What about the seatbelt, as I get a lot of chimes because the seatbelt is not engaged?

Thanks for the help.

Dont you have a manual? If you do, it tells you exactly what to do in there.

I just disabled the door lock and seat belt chime on my dads '07 Caravan... I dont remeber the exact procedure, but it was close to the same for my truck.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:13 PM
2001Ram
Captain

My 2001s manual says key on off 4 times, but only if your truck came with a security thing from the factory.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:15 PM
kookadala

Originally Posted by olyelr
Dont you have a manual? If you do, it tells you exactly what to do in there.
Sounded like the best solution, so I found someone with a manual and after the 4th time turning the key on you turn it off, then press the door lock button within 10 seconds. That did the trick! Thanks for the help.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

do you have to hit lock or unlock when you do this? I'm gonna try it on mine here in a min. Mine's already deactivated but I'm curious if it'll work. Doubt it, the 3 sequence for getting your codes doesn't work in mine either

Old 10-30-2012, 07:42 PM
neiasden
Amateur
Default door auto lock

the key on/off three times doesnt seem to work for me, has anyone figured it out... key on/off then lock up or down, or is there a trick to it,, im not so smart, it needs spelled out.. thanks... and how can i post new threads on here, im legally blind and its so hard to read all the page..

Old 11-06-2012, 02:49 PM
neiasden
Amateur
Default hip hip hooray

Close all doors (make sure you are inside).

Cycle the key from the off position to the on position (without starting the vehicle) 4 times, ending in the on position.

Then press the drivers side door lock switch to lock the doors (within 30 seconds). i had my seatbealt on so it wouldnt chime, and if it works you get a chime,, it worked for me... you guys are awesome.. if i could figure out how to get my icon on this forum now ?? lol

Quick Reply: Disabling the auto-lock feature