2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

best plugs for our 5.9L

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 05:09 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Like I said before, the Mopar plugs are the same as Champions. RC12LC4 is the number. These are the same plugs that my truck left Saltillo with. Check the emissions label on yours for the correct plug # and gap. I got 8 at Advance Auto Parts for $15. My truck really likes them compared to the Autolite 3923s and Bosch +2 plugs. When I change my plenum gasket, I'm gonna switch to some NGK V-Power plugs.
My truck liked to occasionally ping at WOT with the V-powers, but otherwise, they were good plugs. It may have just been the Superchips tuner, I don't know. We'll see after I get the truck back from the body shop (Monday) and program it with the SCT.

Also, if your truck does not like the 3923s, try some Champion RC11YC plugs. They are the same (colder) heat range as the 3923s. I'm looking for an NGK cross refrence.
According to several parts websites, the stock heat range NGKs are the ZFR6F11 plugs. That would mean, since the higher the number the colder the plug for NGKs (silly Japanese manufacturers), the next heat range colder would be ZFR7F11.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:54 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonw
My truck liked to occasionally ping at WOT with the V-powers, but otherwise, they were good plugs. It may have just been the Superchips tuner, I don't know. We'll see after I get the truck back from the body shop (Monday) and program it with the SCT.

According to several parts websites, the stock heat range NGKs are the ZFR6F11 plugs. That would mean, since the higher the number the colder the plug for NGKs (silly Japanese manufacturers), the next heat range colder would be ZFR7F11.
Thanks! I might make a spark plug cross-refrence for the FAQ section if I ever feel like it.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:16 AM
tresvatos
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gap on Autolite 3926

So what did we figure is the best gap on the Autolite 3926's for a 5.9? Some say .45, any conflicting ideas? Thanks

Old 01-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i have a set of indexed v power plugs in mine now and i don't like them. that's why there is a new set of bosch +4's in the center console.

Quick Reply: best plugs for our 5.9L