2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

CTM Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 02:41 PM
CustomRam1996
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTM Question

Hi, I have a 96 Ram 1500 with Power door locks, Remote, and dealer installed alarm system. I recently picked this truck up and I have been trying to figure out why the alarm system, power door locks, remote key and driver side window down express as well as the led lights on the switchs don't work.
I thought it was the Power lock switch, Changed it - not that.
I have power from the fuse and power on the red wire going to the switch.
I was reading about the CTM, I think mine is missing. Is that possible?
I have looked up by the driver side of the dash, on the right side of column.
There is no box there.
I have found that there are 3 female Molex, (White), connector plugs hanging out on that side of the dash.
Looks like one is about 11 rows and one is 4 rows and the other is 3 rows.
Under the ash try behind the lower dash wall there is a Plastic box with wires going to it. Is that a CTM?
Is there suppose to be 2 CTMs on this truck. I am totally confused and really don't know much about this.
Everything else works on this truck fine and no dash warning lights are on.
Seems like everything that is wrong has something to do with the doors locks no working.
Talked to the previous owner and He says they never worked for him either.

Thanks,
John C

Old 01-24-2010, 03:20 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

on my 01 the CTM is behind the dash, just to the right (towards passenger side) of the gas pedal. its a black plastic box about 3-4 inches long, 2 inches wide, and about an inch thick. it has 2 connectors plugged into it.

if you have something similar in this area, its probably the CTM. if you were to unplug it, you should lose a lot of electronic function. i know mine contains the 'dinger' and the intermittent wiper timer control, seat belt light timer control.

also make sure you don't have ANY missing or blown fuses. there's a lot of wierd interaction between power locks, windows, etc, and the CTM. even when you don't have pd or pw.

Old 01-24-2010, 05:56 PM
CustomRam1996
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ctm

Hi, Thanks for your reply.
I do have a box to the right side towards the back of the ash tray.
It's clearly marked Interment wiper control.
I looked again. On the right side of the steering column on the aluminum
bracket that holds up the steering column there is a tapped hole that looks like there was something mounted on it. The loose wire connectors I have look like they go right toward that spot.
I am at a loss because I didn't take it apart so I don't know if or what is missing.

Thanks,
John C

Quick Reply: CTM Question