2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

sct question

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 11:51 AM
jbomb
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sct question

hey I am wondering if I can use my sct to erase the codes on my bros 3rd gen for state inspection. (he bought an extra key and key fob, went to the dealer to have it programmed and they said there is a problem with his computer, when he got his truck back the brake light is on and the radio does not work sometimes now)

Old 01-26-2010, 12:09 PM
cmckenna
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On that question the answer is no- it would have to be re setup to work / read the other PCM which would be a different P/N.

Your best bet would be to simply remove the negative battery lead for a while and let the caps drain out. Once that happens, the RAM is reset.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:35 PM
QUICK_SILVER
Veteran

Originally Posted by jbomb
hey I am wondering if I can use my sct to erase the codes on my bros 3rd gen for state inspection. (he bought an extra key and key fob, went to the dealer to have it programmed and they said there is a problem with his computer, when he got his truck back the brake light is on and the radio does not work sometimes now)
Simple answer, yes. But if there is something wrong it will turn the engine lite on again.

Quick

Old 01-26-2010, 02:59 PM
jbomb
Veteran

thanks guys. Will not be able to post much for a while. I just moved to texas and have limited internet acess right now.

Quick Reply: sct question