2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2001 Evap hose question - Need some help fellas

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Silver Wolf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Evap hose question - Need some help fellas

Fellas -- can't thank you enough for all that knowledge and info these boards have offerred. I've read the forum for so many hours and weeks my girlfriends threatening to walk out -- "Are you on that truck site again?" (Yes dear)

Anyway I've searched here and googled until my eyes almost bleed and I can't find a diagram of our evap canister and solenoid set-up. I threw an emmisions code and based on info from here I checked one of my hoses comin off the evap cansiter and sure enough it was split. Took it to my local dealership and those clowns had no idea. And then I lost the damn hose! It was only about a foot long or less (half inch I.D. or so) and it's not the hose that makes that sharp 90 degree turn twice connecting the evap canister to the solenoid. And there's another hose away further back that splites off into two smaller hoses. But there's an exposed nipple on the evap cansiter, it's the first nipple as you reach the evap cannister -- and I can't figure out where it goes or where/what it attached to!!!

Does anybody have a diagram of the top of our evap canisters or pictures?

Thanks again -- SW

Old 01-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Silver Wolf

I know this is sort of a dumb question -- but maybe another way to ask it is how many hoses come off your 2001 evap canister? I think it should be 2 -- one over to the solenoid next to it and another to where....?

Old 01-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Skab
Rookie

2001 what? If you fill out your profile you might get more help

Old 01-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Silver Wolf

Well, crud.......I just came across an old thread where a guy says one of the hoses off his evap takes a hard turn and connects back to a line on the frame rail......can somebody with an '01 check and see if that's the case? I don't know where else it would go. So if that's right, than there would be 2 hoses coming off the evap cansister - one that goes to the solenoid right next to it and the other that immediately ties/connects back into a line/nipple on the frame rail?

Anybody?

Old 01-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Silver Wolf

sorry about that.....can't figure out how to do the sig part......2001 1500 with the 5.2......

Old 01-29-2010, 08:54 PM
VEETEN
Captain
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Haynes manual (chapter 6)shows 3 lines...
1 to solenoid
1 to TB
1 to gas tank roll over valve

I'm too tired to go out and verify this but v10 is slightly different as is the light duty vs heavy duty cycle engines..........SO what engine do you have?
There should be a Evap vacuum diagram under your hood too..
you could go to the DIY section above and search for "merry christmas" thread and download the 2001 service manual (it's a big file)...

EDIT ok you got the 5.2 light duty
here's the XMAS link https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...tmas-guys.html

Last edited by VEETEN; 01-29-2010 at 09:01 PM. Reason: linky thingy
Old 01-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Silver Wolf

thanks man....I'll check that out

Quick Reply: 2001 Evap hose question - Need some help fellas