2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

looking at HID's

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 02:48 PM
gstanton195
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking at HID's

so ive decided that i want to buy some HID's and i found the site where i want to buy them. i know alot of people who have bought from them so i know they are reliable. my question is did anyone do a write up on how to install them? i couldnt really find anything when i was searching and was curious if someone could help me out with this. i appreciate all help in advanced

Old 02-13-2010, 04:33 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

HID kits are usually very simple. The kits you can buy usually plug into the old bulb harness, you mount the ballast some place near the headlight, and insert the HID bulb into the housing like you would a regular halogen bulb. Done.

I'd suggest taking a look at DDM tuning. Excellent service, products, and prices.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:51 PM
cam01ss
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i purchased 8000k hids from kensun. the kit was great i ran into a problem and i was told that when you hook up hids to any dodge vehicle you have to use a relay so i did and they worked great. the only thing is that the high beam out of the quad lamp doesnt work anymore but who cares my hids are way brighter. honestly i dont even know how i waited this long to get them. i recently mad a trip upstate new york and those roads have poor light let me tell you i was completely happy with the performance of hids and totally recoomend. the company kensun i bought them from warrantys bulb and ballast for 2 years....

Old 02-13-2010, 10:47 PM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

HID's = stupid!

Old 02-13-2010, 11:18 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iwhitne
HID's = stupid!
Dont agree with that, how many lights do you have four extra ones on the front, you can put out that much with less wattage and less lights with Hids

Old 02-14-2010, 04:01 PM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by redheadhunter21
Dont agree with that, how many lights do you have four extra ones on the front, you can put out that much with less wattage and less lights with Hids
These light housings are not designed for HID's... they are know to scatter the light and blind on coming traffic.. that ebing said... if you get new light housings designed for HID's then they look good... that's all.. sorry for the post above.. I just see a lot of guys go the cheap route and it not only looks bad but is unsafe