2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

50mm Throttle Body on eBay...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 04:46 AM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lastrights
do you put lighter plates on ?? and bore them for the 5.9 ??
No, I reuse the stock blades in all my TB's. There's really no gain to be had by going to a lighter blade. As large as I go with my TB's is 42mm on the V6, 50mm on the 5.2 & 5.9 and 68mm on the 4.7's.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:55 AM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by RamSport97
Looks great I will pick one up when I am ready to upgrade!
Good deal! LMK when you're ready and I'll get you fixed up for sure.

Originally Posted by lane
lol now thats customer service
I try my very best to treat everyone the same way I want to be treated and so far, it's never done me wrong in life.

Originally Posted by zje400ex
bwdakrt - Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear about all your sales and success. I'm sure a few of us on here will be buying your throttle bodies. Over $300 for a fastman is too expensive for a college student. (me) Whenever I get my tax returns back i'll be buying on our your 50mm throttle bodies. Would you ever consider making a 52mm for the 5.9 guys?
Looking forward to it.

Originally Posted by lastrights
well fastman chages out the plates and bores them out htat about the only thing diffrent
The only reason to go to a different sized blade would be because the TB has been increased in size. The stock blades are very strong and very light and do a great job in the stock size TB's

Old 03-02-2010, 05:06 AM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by DODGEPWR
Those throttle bodies look sexy! Ive gotta get one.

Welcome to the forums throttle body guy. I hope you keep on doing what you do, ill probly get one of your throttle bodies when i get my airgap kit! Obviously there are people on here very interested in your throttle bodies. Do you have any more pictures of them?
Thank you, but my TB's are just a 'pretty face'. There is actually a very good reason for the smooth, shiney surface. Air moves better and faster over a slick surface as opposed to a slightly rougher machined surface. I have no numbers to prove that point, but it just makes sense to me.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:56 AM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

Let me give you guys the skinny on what my TB's are all about.

I buy and modify stock TB's. I remove the air turbulance causing air horns from the top of the TB (except the 4.7 and it has none), completely disassemble, clean and paint the outside of the TB. I remove the 3mm stepdown inside the bores giving the TB a full air flow, round and taper the tops of the bores and smooth and polish the inside of the bores and the throttle blades to a mirror finish. I also half shaft the 4.7 TB's, but not the 3.9's, 5.2's and the 5.9's.

By removing the stepdown inside the bores, the V6 increases from 39mm to a full 42mm, the 5.2 & 5.9 to a full 50mm and the 4.7 to a full 65mm or 68mm, depending on year model. The '99-'00 4.7 TB's are 65mm inside, which is excellent for towing bottom end torque and the '01-'07's are 68mm inside. Except for the bore size, the '99-'02 4.7's are identical and use the 2 screw IAC sensor. In '03 they changed the IAC sensor to the one screw setup for the Dodge, but for the Jeep they kept the same 2 screw sensor up thru '07.

If you buy one of my 3.9, 5.2 or 5.9 TB's off ebay, the cost is $99.99 w/free shipping to lower 48 states...international customers pay actual shipping costs. If you buy from me thru the forum site, I give forum members a discount and your cost is $95 because I don't have to pay the ebay fees. Ebay price for the 4.7's is $119.99 and thru the forum is $110. After you have the modified TB installed, if you want to ship your stock one back to me, I'll refund your paypal account $25. I prefer to use paypal as it makes it a lot easier to print the shipping lables, but I will except Postal Money Orders.

I'm presently trying to work out a deal with a potential supplier that will be able to supply me with the stock TB's I need on a continuing basis instead of always having to buy one here and there.

Here's a few pics of the finished TB's.

3.9 V6

5.2 & 5.9 V8

4.7 V8

My TB are more or less for a basically stock to lightly modded engine and have proven to increase bottom end torque while still having excellent pulling power on top end. I've also had reports of increases of .5-1.5 mpg but that is totally dependent on your right foot. If you have a modified 5.2 or 5.9 engine with aftermarket heads and cam, you'll probably need to look at a 52mm or larger TB.

If you have any questions or need more info, please LMK.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:10 AM
dmull013
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sounds great man. Put me one the list for as soon as you get some more in for the 2002s!

Old 03-02-2010, 11:21 AM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dmull013
This sounds great man. Put me one the list for as soon as you get some more in for the 2002s!
PM sent.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:54 AM
johnjokela
Veteran

So basically 70 bucks for a modded and polished TB ,Sure im in..

Old 03-02-2010, 12:46 PM
blackskyracing
Veteran

Good lord those things are sexy! I've done a couple for friends and myself, the only difference being that I open the top up to about 53mm then taper it to 50 over the plates. But I can't even come close to getting that kind of mirror finish... Guess I'll leave the TBs to you, I was sort of thinking of doing the same thing as I too think $300 for a 50mm TB is a bit excessive, but you've definitely got those covered.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:31 PM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

SOLD!!!!!

I do have one that is all boxed and ready to ship that looks just like this one. I modified it and bolted on a cable bracket that I had chromed and after getting it all ready to ship, he backs out on me!!

$125 shipped to your door in the lower 48. Paypal only. Send me a PM if you're interested in this one.

Last edited by bwdakrt; 03-05-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Captain413

Do you have one of those for a 2000 ram 5.9?

Quick Reply: 50mm Throttle Body on eBay...