2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Whats involved in changing front shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 09:10 PM
mastergrader007
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha, ya i know. but after busting my 1/2in drive, i was desperate and just said **** it!! plus all my ratchets are lifetime warranty so it didnt cost me anything. the other side was a breeze!

Old 03-17-2010, 09:11 PM
mr freeze
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well,they are the original shocks but I dont have any real rust problems.I put a little pb on earlier today but I'll hit her again in the morning before work and see if it'll loosen up some.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:12 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
If you're lucky, the new shocks will have the strap on them (to make them fit in the box) and if you leave it on then it will stay compressed until you get the shock tower bolted back on and get the washer and rubber grommet on the shock. Then you clip it and guide the shock into the shock tower as it extends.
or jack up the body to extend the shock cavity...
that way the extended shock is not such a pain.

or you can put a floor jack under the bottom of the shock and jack it up to compress it.

Quick Reply: Whats involved in changing front shocks?