2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sensors in the tranny...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 02:17 AM
tinkerinman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sensors in the tranny...

Are all of the tranny sensors on or by the valve body??

I wana change them without pulling the tranny if possible...

Any thoughts?

Old 03-20-2010, 02:28 AM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gov pressure sensor, gov pressure solenoid and the TCC solenoid are all in the valve body. In order to replace the TTC solenoid, you have to drop the valve body. However, if there not giving you problems, don't bother. Or else your next thread title will be "Help guys, my tranny doesn't shift right!!!"

Old 03-20-2010, 02:36 AM
tinkerinman
Professional

It doesnt shift right. Thats why Im asking... little throttle it has horrible response... Alot of gas its fine...

And what about the trans temp sensor...

Old 03-20-2010, 02:51 AM
Powder$kier30

Hey tinkerinman, just a quick note. You don't have to drop your transmission to replace the governor pressure sensor and selenoid. It's actually pretty easy to do and there are detailed instructions on this forum for how to do it. I paid a great mechanic to replace mine but after you drop your transmission pan, I believe there are 4 bolts and two hex screws to release the plate that holds the sensors is all. I just recently had mine replaced at 135,000 and it has been running strong since. I have a thread on here all about it and I highly recommend reading it: 46re Transmission/Code 1757. Unfortunately, my forward band is wearing out now and a rebuild is in my future, but hopefully the Dodge gods will buy me some time! Hope this helped!

Old 03-20-2010, 02:55 AM
Powder$kier30

You should get the code 1157 eventually, and diagnostically, mine would shift weird from 1st to 2nd to Neutral, back to 2nd, back to Neutral, back to 2nd until I let off the throttle. We could also watch the pressure numbers on the Snap-on Scanner that my mechanic had. The pressure of each should be within reasonable numbers and my selenoid sensor was jumping all over the place before we replaced them, after they maintained withing 5 lbs which is normal.

Quick Reply: Sensors in the tranny...