2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sounds you never want to hear...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 11:16 PM
BadInfluence
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sounds you never want to hear...

So after spending the day cleaning out the inside of the truck (the works) I took her for a ride to give her a bath and noticed a sound coming from my driver side sounding like someone took an empty aluminum can and was twisting it from side to side. Upon inspection I thought it was the wheel bearing so I bought a bearing & hub assembly and took her to the shop to do some work. After pulling the wheel off I noticed a couple things. One my rotor was rusted beyond all belief, two it's not the wheel bearing, and three I have a bad Universal joint and ball joint. So after pouting, realizing it was more then the wheel bearing i put it all back together and am not waiting to get the parts to spend the day working on the truck some time this week.

Just figured I'd share....

At least I get to work on the truck in nice weather.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:35 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well that sucks. Don't forget the anti-seize for the hub and a grease fitting on the new u-joint. I got non-greaseable u joints and I know that I will be changing them again within 75k. But that's ok because I put plenty of anti-seize on everything.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:45 AM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Anyone on here know what grease fitting size is need to to grease the U joints?

Quick Reply: Sounds you never want to hear...