2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Horn button doesn't always work

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 02:11 PM
bigtman07
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horn button doesn't always work

Ok either I'm a complete idiot and don't know how to use my horn right or there is something wrong. I'm voting the first one but hey. SO anyway... when you guys hit your horn where do you push?? You push the horn symbol right??? That at least makes sense. But when I do that I get nothin. I pound on it and nothin. But i barely touch to the left or right of the symbol and it goes off. But when I want to use the horn it doesn't work that way?? So how much of an idiot am I?? Can I change out the switches with some new ones or should I just get a button on the dash and hook it to an air horn from the parts store??

Old 03-26-2010, 02:17 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

You have to press really hard in the exact middle of the Ram's head. When it doesnt work, you can punch it in anger.

I know, it is a PITA.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:19 PM
yakkier
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol mine doesnt use the center cushin mine has two buttons on either side of it, BUT my durango had the same problem. Pop off the center cushin " the thing you're pushing on " and theres like 4 little metal flaps that stick up and when you bush the button it's supposed to push them down and cause it to make contact. If they'er flatted out or bent out of shape they wont make contact like they'er supposed to causing it to act like that. Basicly just pop the cover off and bend them up a little bit and it should be fine.

Quick Reply: Horn button doesn't always work