2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Vacuum Lines and just did a motor swap!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Skyy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor swap issues Pics Added

Just got done with a heart transplant on the beast!! the new motor has 52,000 miles it was a Chrysler reconditioned motor put into a 1998 1/2 ton in 2004 I bought it for $450 but I am having some issues

1) My Haynes manual has no vacuum diagram and it is not on my truck and I am sure my lines are not in properly I have looked and can't find one on here can anyone help me out?
2) I want to post pictures but have no idea how? Wanna walk me through it please (I am not comp savvy)

Last edited by Skyy; 03-29-2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:20 PM
yakkier
Banned

As far as the vacume issue let me know if you find one because i want it also. I gave up on looking for it.

Now onto the photo issue, you can goto http://www.photobucket.com and sign up for a free account, once you've signed up you can upload photo's to your photobucket and host them from there. All you would do is copy and paste the link to the photo in one of your posts in here.

you're going to want to use an image tag in example [IMG] photo link here [/IMG]

and then you will see the photo in your post, Now if you're trying to upload your photos onto the dodgeforum website they have to be the correct file size and format if it isnt then it wont upload.

SO i'd suggest you use the photobucket website and host them from there, it will save on space and help keep the cost of the forum down to a minimum

Old 03-28-2010, 10:55 PM
jamesnb
Professional

Good luck finding a vacuum diagram. I looked for one a while back and it was one of the most frustrating experiences. I'll describe what I've got on my '01 1500 4x4 and maybe that will help.
Standing in front of the engine and looking at it:
On the right side of the manifold there are two nipples. One goes to the PCV valve and the other to the brake system.

On the left side a line comes off the top of the air hat and runs to the breather on the left valve cover. On the left side of the intake is a nipple that has a check valve connected to it. That line runs back to the firewall. Several lines slip off from that main line. One goes to the vacuum resivior. One is for the cruise control, one goes to the climate control system (this one also has a check valve) and the main line continues down to engage the four wheele drive.

Coming off the throttle body is the EGR tube that runs between the manifold and left valve cover, to the back of the engine, and circles back along the left fender to the EGR.
There are some other lines that are capped and at least one at the tranny but they must generate from the vacuum reservior. I hope this helps. A vacuum schematic would back it so much easier.
I've heard some people have the PCV on the other side of the engine which could be the case with yours.
Just ask and I'll help if I can. Best of luck.

Last edited by jamesnb; 03-28-2010 at 10:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Vacuum Lines and just did a motor swap!